New Hog Hunting Light | SouthernPaddler.com

New Hog Hunting Light

Darrells

Oct 19, 2008
Lorena,Texas
I have been wanting a light to hunt hogs at night. I have looked at several different lights and was not happy with either the light output or the mounting system. I mess around with some electronic projects so I just finished throwing one together. Uses six-1watt green leds with a 12v12ah feeder battery powering them. It should run 12 hours or so before I will need to recharge the battery. I hung it in a tree a few minutes ago and it has an impressive lighting area (approx.100x100 feet). I can't go hunting until Sunday night but I will give it a try then.

greenled002.jpg

greenled001.jpg

greenled006.jpg

greenled005.jpg

greenled004.jpg

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Darrell, I'm interested in why you chose a green LED? Does that do something to the hogs? Do they fluoresce in that color, or show up more clearly? Red is good for a person's night vision, but I don't know how green works there.

Darrells

Oct 19, 2008
Lorena,Texas
Green light does not bother hogs, they will run from red light. The human eye sees contrast better in green light than any other (all military night optics are green, they spent $50 billion to figure that out for me :mrgreen: ).