new-MOAN-yah | SouthernPaddler.com

new-MOAN-yah

islandpiper

In my violin shop I can take up to twelve paid sick days a year.....that means I come in, work as hard as I can and make my regular wages no matter how freakin' sick I am.

Monday i had a little cough and chills...tuesday it was 101 degrees of fever and a little cough...then 102 and 103 degrees fever and feeling like crap.

No, I'm not smart enough to llisten to my wife and go to the doctor.....till today, friday. Now it is flu and pneumonia.....so I'm off my feet for a few days. I've nearly died with this before......I'll do every thing she says from now on, I promise. Have a nice holliday weekend.

Piper

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Piper mate, soon as you're well enough, nip outside and administer to yourself two sharp uppercuts. :lol:

Seriously mate, There has been a very bad flu bug goin round here and the old and the frail have been dropping like flies. It knocked the stuffing out of Robin and I for about ten days and we are both still very weak.

I hope what you have is nothing similar. Take good care of yourself mate. Do what your doctor says and drink plenty of fluid.

We have a similar sick leave arrangement by the sounds of it.Consequently, lots of people come to work when they are not well enough and all they do is spread the bug around. The coot that brought it to our work and infected both Robin and I (I blame him anyway) was boasting that he had managed to infect 32 staff at last count.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Piper....Ya ain't a Spring chicken anymore.....yer an old soup rooster! Get your arse to the Doc's and take it easy! Don't be like Jack waiting for circling vultures beore he went to Docs.

islandpiper

Jack: BIRDS OF A FEATHER FLOCK TOGETHER

Mick: sounds like you had a staph-infection at work.....nasty stuff

Oldyakker: I've looked up and seen the buzzards circling several times before. I figured if it was good enough for Jack it was good enough for me.....I'm not really stubburn you understand.

Keith: I can see the headlines in "Variety" now: THE TWO KEITHS IN PERFORMANCE......tablesaw and violin duet appeals to a broad audience"

Matt: yup.......I get it, I've been foolish.....should have gone in earlier. I don't want to be the one that causes Chuck to open a REQUIUM section......."guys who used to post here....."

Anyway, back among the living. That second shot in the butt with the anti-biotic did it. Islanddrummer is here with his young lady and I am looking forward to spending the next few days just hanging out with them. There's a sign on the shop-door and if people get upset.....well......so be it.

Thanks for alll your concern......don't anybody else be as bullheaded as Jack and I!!

Piper

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend piper,

Soon az ya whup that stuff, better go on 'n git vaccumed.....like oldyaker done. How do I know ya need that? Well, heck......trust me, I am a high trained medikle doctor. The best we git up ta the Shade Tree Medikle Clinic fer $29.95. :wink:

Dont count on it ta last. Look at oldyaker. He wuz full of it bout a week aftr he come out.

get well soon
bearridge

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.  U.S. Government regulation

islandpiper

bearridge, i had the vacuum treatment last January, on my birthday no less. Easiest ever to lose ten pounds. But, with all due respect to your extensive medical knowledge and experience, the problem I have now is systematically differential from the problem indicated by the now-popular OLDYAKKER PROCEDURE.

Think of it this way: Lungs or bungs

Piper

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Piper San may THINK the doc cured him, it was really us geezer chewing his arse that made him get well. (And, maybe that teensy weensy shot of single malt I drank in his honor, might've had something to do with it too?)

Two Keith's playing to a broad audience. - aren't guys invited too?

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
islandpiper said:
Jack, drink two of those single-malts.....
Scrapin' feet inna dirt ... squintin' up inta the sun ... hands in hip pockets ... spittin' timothy stalk outa mouth ... DAMMIT dribbled spit on shirt (not cool) ...

"Well, OK, ole man. Just for you, I'll drink two." sigh

islandpiper

Thanks for managing to down that second single-malt last night, Jack....that may have been what saved me.

Here it is Saturday evening, and I am a normal tempurature, still coughing some, sore as hell, but not passing out with each coughing spell. i think I may live a while longer.

Thanks for your thoughts and humor!! That, and prayer, are indeed the best medicines.

Piper