New Pirogue | SouthernPaddler.com

New Pirogue

ObionRiverRat

Aug 9, 2007
Obion TN
Got my kit n :D Got the seams epoxied and floured. Gonna post some pics soon.

Prob aint gonna be furniture quality, savin that for the next one

Dances a jig...

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
OK O RiverRat.....Where are ya at with this new bost? The stem's attached to the sides yet?
Have ya said any bad words yet...that's not a good sign..... :roll:

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
ObionRiverRat said:
Prob ain't gonna be furniture quality, savin that for the next one
Dances a jig...

Don't draw any conclusions ... YET ... Save them for later and you will be surprised on the final work of your handcrafted and functional art. "O" Yes , you will see any imperfections ( if any ) but no one else will. The builder is the worse Judge on the build , to dang picky.:lol:
Just take your time and it will be a winner.

Remember , each wood boat we make is nothing like anyone else's , they have the personality of the builder and his or her's likes or dislikes in them , they are one of a kind.
This is what makes them so nice , it is made your way , for what you want , the way you want it , no one else's. :D

Chuck.

ObionRiverRat

Aug 9, 2007
Obion TN
its going pretty good, i havent cussed too much - any more than a sailor. Im gonna post some pics soon. i been workin on it like a mad man. gotta trip planned to Current River in Van buren MO Sept 1. Gonnna start glassin in a few mins.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Obion Rat,

I have seen some beautiful pichurs of the Current. Last spring it wuz on my list, but I picked the Eleven Point. Kinda sorry I did. Take yer camera 'n put up a trip report if ya do make it. Ever paddled the Jacks Fork?

regards
bearridge

I went to a massage parlor. It was self service. Rodney Dangerfield

ObionRiverRat

Aug 9, 2007
Obion TN
I aint ever paddled anywhere unless my Johnson ran outta gas. This is all new 2 me. I have floated the Current in an inner tube a bunch of times.

I just bout got er finished. I cant get my photo bucket acct to email me my password Im gonna try to post some pics today

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
ObionRiverRat said:
I aint ever paddled anywhere unless my Johnson ran outta gas. This is all new 2 me.
Well, some of these boys caint quit buildin' boats. Paddlin' iz even harder ta quit. There iz somethin' bout slidin' along the water the same way folks did before Eli Whitney invented the combustion engine. :wink:

Well, time ta start herdin' cats. See ya'll later.

ObionRiverRat

Aug 9, 2007
Obion TN
907215281208_0_BG.jpg

527215281208_0_BG.jpg

100_0902.jpg

Man i need a cold one after all that work.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Boat building is fun in a lot of ways , makes you think , take some pieces of wood and have something really worth while from them.

Heck you can even paddle it or if you are mad at Casper the friendly ghost you can hang him from the bow or is that the stern? Por Casper I knew him well. :roll:

As in this picture. :lol: :lol: :lol:

100_0907.jpg

Chuck.

ObionRiverRat

Aug 9, 2007
Obion TN
Yea he scared me this morn when i went outside. Hehe thats what we do to ghosts in obion. man he had a rough ride on the way to work this morn.