New Toy | SouthernPaddler.com

New Toy

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
http://www.marlinfirearms.com/Firearms/ ... g/60SB.asp
I just ordered one of these in stainless.
I looked at several rifles and after reading everything I could get my hands on, this rifle seemed to be rated very well. It seems the views of most folks are that out of the box they blow the doors off the 10 22 as far as accuracy goes and are supose to be right beside the custom 10 22 s.
We will see how it works out and I will keep you posted as I break it in.
Ron

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
Ron,
I have probably sold a couple of hundred of model 60's over the years and have never had anyone come back and complain about them. I did have one, kinda. I sold a stainless one to a young fella here who lives out in the country. He gave it to his wife and she loved it and he didn't. He gave her a couple of boxes of bullets and before long he was havint to buy her bricks at a time. He said "that stupid rifle is getting expensive keeping her in ammo. Have fun with your new toy Ron. They are usually steady preformers.
Bob

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
ron that is a good rifle, i don,t believe you will be disatisfied with it. i have one and my son also has one. ours isn,t stainless though.

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Until I got to researching this rifle I didnt realize it is the most popular in the world.I wanted a rifle I could take in my yak ,thats the reason for the stainless finish. and after handling the full length ones and then this one with the shorter barrel ,this one felt the best. They have the same capacity.
After I put some round through it and get it broke in I will run some accuracy test on it.
We will see if it will run with the other rifles in that class.
Here is a neat little deal I have coming ,
http://www.cabelas.com/magazines-clips- ... erralID=NA
Each tube hold 14 round and there are 8 tubes,
Ron

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
I haven't messed with them in quite a while. I think one has a Simmons ?x14 or 18 or something like that. It is an older scope. Wee would have to dig the other out to see what is on it. That one has been changed a couple of times. Bought a few BSA Sweet 22's and they seem to be pretty good. Haven't played with them enough to make a report.
Bob

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
I finally got around to trying this gun out .
Put a 3 to 9 scope on her grabbed a brick of shells and Darrel and I went to the deer lease.
Dialed in the scope roughly ,took about 6 round and she was on as close as I could get it without bags and a bench.
This little gun is a shooter was holding good groups at 70 yards .
Darrel and I both shot it and between us ran about 200 rounds through it.need to run another 3 or 4 hundred rounds to get her broke in then I will focus the scope and put her on the bench and do some serious testing. A turtle head at 70 yards is sure doable right now.
We had a little more firepower with us ,we also shot 44 mags another 22 a 40 glock and I ruined Darrel I let him shoot my 625 45 acp revolver, that gun is so sweet it is unreal.
Burned some powder and had a ball.
Ron