No More Sweating Water Bottles...... | SouthernPaddler.com

No More Sweating Water Bottles......

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I found the deal of the century. :D
I was killing some time just moseying , poking , farting around in the camping section in the local Academy Sports Shop and located a Kleen Kanteen , 20 oz insulated bottle. There wasn't a price sticker on it and the information label on the shelf was blank , I am sure they retail around $30.00 , how much do they want for one of them.

WHEW , There is a bar code sticker on the bottom of the bottle. So I took it over to the firearms section and asked the clerk to scan it and tell me the price of it.

He scanned it as I held my breath expecting a high figure when he told me $ 9.95. :shock: :shock: :shock: Dam if it wasn't the same price when I checked out by the cash register. :lol:
Got home and checked on the web it retails for $30.95.

K20VWSSL-DS_large.jpg

Needless to say I got it and it is not a colored one but in the natural silver ( metal ) finish.
http://www.kleankanteen.com/collections ... 1605388547

The water bottle I have been using on the Mountain Bike is supposed to be insulated but all the plastic bottle does is sweat and iced water in it does not last more then a few minutes in this heat we are having. The Kleen Kanteen will go over an hour and still have ice in there no matter what the level of the water is in the bottle. I leave with iced water and if I don't drink all of it on my trip I return home with iced water. :D

They say , " Keeping drinks hot for 6 hrs and cold for up to 24."
No more sweating water bottles...............
I also found a couple of the Mini Sawyer Water Filters and a nice 10 x 8 Magellan Storage Pocket to keep a gravity water filtration system in using the water filters.

Chuck..........