Not a recipe but a festival for Grits!! | SouthernPaddler.com

Not a recipe but a festival for Grits!!

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I know I will get in trouble but I like to call Grits ... Georgia Ice Cream.
Simple reason for that is you see more bowls of grits in Georgia then bowls of Ice Cream. Those folks in Georgia know what is good. :D

"O" Boy I know one person who would not survive for more then a few seconds at that festival , he would be tared and Gritted before being run out of town. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chuck.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
I spent the nite in Cordele a few times....no idea I wuz so close. Too bad I will be packin' gear tomorrow. I'd like ta go, but I it mite be like the garlic festival where wierdos like ta see how many ways they kin ruin good garlic, like garlic ice cream. I got a dollar somebody frum up nawth (who likely moved ta Florida 'n lives ta show everbody how it iz done "back home") will show up with a pot of grits with sugar in it....mebbe apples......chocolate? No wonder they dont like grits. Somebody oughta tell 'em grits dont come in a small package that ya wet down 'n shove in yer radar oven.

Mebbe iz comes frum the drinkin' water? Somebody come up with apples in cole slaw. Somebody come up with the music they play in elevators. Barry Manilow dang sho didnt come frum Alabama.

If any of ya'll go, check out the grit queen. Ask if she haz any good floor moves, knows somethin' bout nursin' (massage counts) 'n dont mind geezers who smell kinda "manly". [chuckle]

regards
bearridge

This is U.S. History, I see the globe right there.  Jeff Spicoli