Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies | SouthernPaddler.com

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Myfitnesspal.com had this in there , New Ways to Eat Oatmeal Under 300 Calories , on the web.
I have not made any ( YET ) but plan to.
***************************************************************************************************************************************************

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies

Ingredients

2 medium ripe Bananas, mashed
1 cup of uncooked Quick Oats (certified gluten-free if necessary)
1/4 cup Chocolate Chips (certified gluten-free if necessary)

Directions
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a non-stick cookie sheet with cooking spray or use a non-stick silicone baking sheet.
Combine the mashed bananas and oats in a bowl. Fold in the chocolate chips and place a tablespoon of each on the cookie sheet.
Bake for 15 minutes. Cool and enjoy!

Nutrition Information
Serves: 8 | Serving Size: 2 cookies
Per serving: Calories: 96; Total Fat: 3g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Monounsaturated Fat: 0g ; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 0mg; Total Carbohydrates: 18 g; Dietary Fiber: 2g; Sugars: 8g; Protein: 2g

Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 106mg; Vitamin A: 0%; Vitamin C: 4%; Calcium: 0%; Iron: 3%

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
The little cookies taste pretty good if you like Banana's and Chocolate.
They are mildly crunchy on the outside and moist in the center. What ever size you make them they will be that size when they are done.
In place of the non stick or greased cookie sheet I used Parchment paper to line the cookie sheet with and it worked really well.
Plus I added some Cinnamon and Raisins to the batch , was not measured just a small box of the Raisins ( 100 cal snack size ) to the mix and then a light sprinkling of the Cinnamon over each one before they went in the oven.
After they cooled I zip locked them and stuck them in the frig to cool them.

A short explanation , why I put the cookies in the frig. :roll:
From my days working the woods and waters around here I would take a small cooler with me that had frozen grapes and a chilled Banana in it as a hot weather snack and I got hooked on cold Bananas. The center of these cookies have a Banana flavor to them because of the two mashed up Bananas used to make them. Besides cooling them will not hurt anything. :D

Chuck..............

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
OK, the green bananas are ripe enough to mash now. Planning to add 1/4 cup chopped nuts.

Other variations on a theme (a string of pearls) is adding a bit of honey and/or applesauce. And, maybe substitute butterscotch drops instead of dark chocolate. OHHHH - the painful, laborious, and dull research that can be dreamed up from a simple cookie revipe on a cold, winter's day!

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Planning to add 1/4 cup chopped nuts.
Pecans , Plenty of chopped Pecans. You just can't go wrong with Pecans. :D Actually I think this recipe can be modified anyway a person would want it. I can not see a person going wrong as long as they use ingredients they like remembering that the dominate flavor is Banana.

The size or shape that you put on the cookie sheet , that is the way they will turn out when done.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Did a double batch. Used peanut butter drops instrad of chocolate. Added chopped almonds (no pecans in the pantry today). Added honey. I like the banana base better than flour. Will sprinkle on some cinnamon next time too. You're right, Chuck. Modifying recipes is definitely a thing to do.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Made some more yesterday. Modified a bit. Added 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/2 tsp salt. This woke up the sleepily flavored bananas, and makes them sing!

Also included 1/4 cup chopped almonds, and 1/4 cup cranraisins. Used chocolate chips instead of peanut butter chips this time. I like them better.

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
Man! Are ya'll done yet?? :shock: Those sound good in all its variations Except for the chocolate chips. I'll leave them out of my batch. When you two get on a roll no telling what you'll wind up with. This certainly looks like a winner.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Kayak Jack said:
Made some more yesterday. Modified a bit. Added 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/2 tsp salt. This woke up the sleepily flavored bananas, and makes them sing!

Also included 1/4 cup chopped almonds, and 1/4 cup cranraisins. Used chocolate chips instead of peanut butter chips this time. I like them better.

Got more bananas today and plan on letting two get nice and ripe. I have to try the 1/2 tsp vanilla and 1/2 tsp salt this time , that does sound good.

Have the chocolate chips in the pantry and managed to locate some Pecans that I can chop up. Thinking about the ingredients I do like a Oatmeal and Raisin cookie and I have several of the small boxes of raisins. The cookie has Oatmeal as a base in it. Add some Raisins and snack on the rest. :D
*************************************************************************************************************************************************
Ingredients for the basic recipe.........

2 medium ripe Bananas, mashed
1 cup of uncooked Quick Oats (certified gluten-free if necessary)
1/4 cup Chocolate Chips (certified gluten-free if necessary)

Directions
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a non-stick cookie sheet with cooking spray or use a non-stick silicone baking sheet.
Combine the mashed bananas and oats in a bowl. Fold in the chocolate chips and place a tablespoon of each on the cookie sheet.
Bake for 15 minutes. Cool and enjoy!

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
I use old fashioned oatmeal. I don't think it makes any difference? Shucks, I don't boil the old fashioned stuff anyway. Get salty watr on a boil, dump in the oatmeal, stir, cover, and remove from heat 8-10 minutes. That's about the time it takes to drink a cuppa coffee/tea. Or, to boil an egg.

Side note: on the side of some oatmeal boxes, is a recipe for meatloaf. It's been a classic for over 60 years, probably longer.