Off the rat Poison | SouthernPaddler.com

Off the rat Poison

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Coumadin is a rat poison that kills by thinning blood so much they hemorrhage to death. Some of us hoomin beans have blood that is too thick. Now, as a kid, I was always told that dark, thick, rich blood was good.

As a middle-ager, I found out in March of this year that if too thick. my heart developed an arrhythmia (top and bottom halves beating off cycle instead of in synchronization. Not good.) Doc put me on coumadin.

When I asked how long it would have to be, he said, "For the rest of your Life." Not what I wanted to hear. Today, the cardiologist took me off coumadin, and I'm back on aspirin. Now, I think (hope like hell) that's a step to the good.

So, now it's at least cheaper, if not better, and I think it's better too.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Kayak Jack said:
As a middle-ager, I found out in March of this year that if too thick. my heart developed an arrhythmia (top and bottom halves beating off cycle instead of in synchronization. Not good.)

If there is any blockage the thicker blood is not a good thing , needs thinning out so it flows better.
Surprises me he did not put you on Plavix and an aspirin , beats using Rat Poison.
Plavix really does a good thinning job , one little scratch and it takes forever to stop it. Plus dehydration is not good , it thickens the blood , best thing is to drink a lot of liquids like water and Gator Aid. The other liquids (spirited) we like actually dehydrate you.:evil:

Chuck.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
oldsparkey said:
...Plus dehydration is not good , it thickens the blood , best thing is to drink a lot of liquids like water and Gator Aid. The other liquids (spirited) we like actually dehydrate you.
I guess we should always have a water chaser then. But, the stuff I drink - nothing can catch it!

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Jeez Chuck,

Ya gotta git a true medikle history. After Truthful Jack tole that doctor he wuz middle aged, it likely fried hiz BS-o-meter. He had ta know Jack come frum the middle ages. He wuz likely worried he wuz carryin' the black death. I wonder why he jest didnt put a flea collar on him? :lol:

regards
bearridge
shade tree medikle clinic

Red meat is NOT bad for you. Now blue-green meat, THAT'S bad for you! Tommy Smothers