Old Fashioned Snack | SouthernPaddler.com

Old Fashioned Snack

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Sometimes, we forget what was good when we were kids. An evening snack in cooler weather was apples and popcorn. A couple nights ago, I tried it again. Somehow, these two foods complement each other and taste great together, and they're both kinda good for us geezers.

I like to slice an apple in half, then into sections so it's easier to get the core parts cut out. Popcorn takes to almost any kind of topping. I like Parmesan cheese and rubbed sage together. If you have a cheese grater, you can grate on Parmesan or pecorino Romano or asiago cheese. They're all good, and the tangy cheese goes darned good with sage.

Of course, the darned popcorn has to be washed down with some wine. (I couldn't do that when I was a little kid of 7 or 8. Now that I'm a little kid
of 73 I can!) :wink:

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Popcorn supplies LOTS of fiber for the GI system. I don't add the SAE 30 wt motor oil that movie theaters add.

Next snack treat - french fried beets and spinach with a rhubarb souffle! (finger down throat here, running for the urp basin)

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Kayak Jack said:
Popcorn supplies LOTS of fiber for the GI system. I don't add the SAE 30 wt motor oil that movie theaters add.

Next snack treat - french fried beets and spinach with a rhubarb souffle! (finger down throat here, running for the urp basin)

"O" Boy ..... Beet greens with Spinach and fried chicken , then Rhubarb pie for desert , that is living.