old Galena Boat Co. | SouthernPaddler.com

old Galena Boat Co.

Ozark

Oct 23, 2007
Ozark Mo.
I believe in the early 50's. Could have been a little earlier. Those are some of the original White river Jack boats later called John boats.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Thanks OZ....Took me back to fishing/camping ith the old boys in the 50's.....sure miss those days.

LRG...Joe.....Chucks time was the 1850's. :roll:

Lazyriverguy

Nov 9, 2006
Eureka,Florida
Mr. Oz Thanks for the link to the story of the man with vision. It was a great read. As for chuck I was tryin to be nice a lessun his increadable longevity.
Joe

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Some nice photos and they sure brought back some memories. I have paddled boats like theres , have a tackle box just like the one in the 1st picture.
The camp sites and river side lunches sure haven't changed that much. Today we have a folding table so we don't have to use an old Army cot as a table like in the pictures. Cast iron is still the number one cooking item. :D

Looks like the only thing that ever changes is the date and years on the calendar.

Chuck.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Lazyriverguy said:
As for chuck I was tryin to be nice a lessun his increadable longevity.Joe

You throw Chuck off balance when your nice to him...he doesn't expect it. :lol:

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
oldyaker said:
Lazyriverguy said:
As for chuck I was tryin to be nice a lessun his increadable longevity.Joe

You throw Chuck off balance when your nice to him...he doesn't expect it. :lol:

You would know , Ya Sucker and someone I want to call my friend......( not in public for your protection ) YEP ... It is a shame when a person has to stoop so low but part time Friends are hard to come by.
I can count mine in a few fingers , the poor fools. :lol: :lol: :lol:. Fortunately they will never admit they are friends of mine ...something about there social standings ...... I sure do not blame them , since I would never go that far .... either.

A persons reputation is something to protect. :roll:

Chuck ,
Out in the cold all by his lonesome , no one to call , no one to care , not even the wife.
Just the way I like it as long as Pup's is with me , my TRUSTED BUDDY & COMPANION.