OMELETS-IN-A-BAG RECIPE | SouthernPaddler.com

OMELETS-IN-A-BAG RECIPE

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
A while back I got a Solo Stove so I am on there E-mailing list.
They sent this to me and I want to share it with all of you , who knows someone might use it to have a good breakfast while camping.
**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
OMELETS-IN-A-BAG RECIPE

These are fun and easy to make with your Solo Stove. This recipe makes one omelet and is great for the trail.

1. Crack one or two eggs into a resealable freezer bag. Press out most of the air, and seal. Shake or squeeze to beat the eggs. Open the bag, and add ham, cheese, onion, green pepper, tomato, salsa, and mushrooms. Squeeze out as much of the air as you can, and seal the bag.

2. Bring your pot of water to a boil. Place the bag into the boiling water. Cook for 13 minutes. Eat straight from the bag.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I am trying out a freezer bag recipe for a Bacon and Cheese Pasta that got me thinking about the Omelet in a bag.
The Bacon and Cheese Pasta calls for 1/4 cup of the shelf stable precooked bacon pieces. I am thinking that would be good in the Omelet along with the rest of the goodies. Use it to replace the ham.

The Bacon and Cheese Pasta.
3 oz Ramen , any flavor since the flavor pack is discarded.
1/4 cup shelf stable bacon pieces
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 tea spoon dried garlic ( garlic powder ) Spice section of the grocery store.
1/4 tea spoon Red Pepper Flakes.
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil.
1 1/2 cup water.
Bring the water to a boil , add it to the freezer bag with the noodles in it removing as much of the air as you can without burning yourself. Set the bag in a cozy for 10 minutes to cook.
Remove the freezer bag , drain the water off the noodles toss with the seasonings and oil , eating it from the bag. No dishes to clean , just lick the spoon and enjoy.
As far as carrying the Olive Oil when in the woods , I located some 1/2 to 3 oz plastic dropper bottles with screw caps on them for liquids like Olive Oil , Hot Sauce and the rest. they are in a double zip lock bag for safety's sake.

From Freezer Bag cooking recipe book , web site http://www.trailcooking.com/.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
While I am doing this posting..... :roll:

Another one I am interested in. Pizza In a Pot.
2/3 cup Couscous
1 Tablespoon diced sun dried tomatoes
1 tea spoon Oregano
1 tea spoon Basil
1/4 tea spoon Garlic powder
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
4 oz Pepperoni slices
2 oz Mozzarella Cheese. ( use the stick Cheese )
1 cup of boiling water in the freezer bag with the ingredients and in the cozy for 15 minutes.
Remove the freezer bag and add the cheese diced up to the meal fold it in and let it sit for a minute of so , then enjoy.

From Freezer Bag cooking recipe book , web site http://www.trailcooking.com/.