One Really Good Little Light Weight Lantern. | SouthernPaddler.com

One Really Good Little Light Weight Lantern.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
There is a little lantern on the market called the Brila Lantern.

Picture is BIGGER then the actual size ...............
OR.jpg

Some facts about it...........
2 AA batteries (sold separately) provide up to 14 hours of use on low, 5 on high and 48 hours on flash setting
2 LED bulbs output up to 27 lumens? on high setting, 13.5 lumens? on low
White bulb for bright light; red bulb for alert or S.O.S signaling; 360° light distribution provides more usuable light than other LED lanterns of similar size
Built-in recessed carabiner in the lantern base lets you hang it upside down for hands-free use; embedded magnet provides another means of placement
Ultimate Surival Technologies Brila Mini Lantern is water-resistant and features an ABS-plastic housing with rubberized zones to endure impacts
Lantern measure 4.5 x 1.75 x 1.75 in.
Weight is 2.7 oz without batteries and 4.7 oz with batteries.

The power went out last night thanks to a tree meeting the power lines during a really heavy rain and wind storm. I got the lantern and tried it in pitch blackness and the high setting puts out a lot of light , the low setting is a lot better and still puts out a lot of light , a even lower white light setting would be nice if they had it.

I got mine from Amazon for $14.95 which seams to be te normal price for one. I am going to get a couple more to have here for storms and power failures.

A 50 sec youtube video of the lantern.............
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LIaCGPSnPA

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Kayak Jack said:
From Campmor? Item#?

:shock: WHY Campmor???? :shock:

They want $29.99 for the same one you can get from any of the other suppliers for $14.95 or less.

Google ......... Brila Lantern Or just go to Amazon and put in Brila Lantern and save $14.00 ( the price goes from $7.95 to $29.95 , just depends where you look.)