Only in America | SouthernPaddler.com

Only in America

graybeard

Dec 24, 2009
Between keyboard and chair
I take that back. Only in California:

Students Kicked Off Campus for Wearing American Flag Tees
Galli says he and his friends were sitting at a table during brunch break when the vice principal asked two of the boys to remove American flag bandannas that they wearing on their heads and for the others to turn their American flag T-shirts inside out. When they refused, the boys were ordered to go to the principal's office.

"They said we could wear it on any other day," Daniel Galli said, "but today is sensitive to Mexican-Americans because it's supposed to be their holiday so we were not allowed to wear it today."

You'd never guess this is near San Francisco, right?

Edit: Story here: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36981179/

seedtick

Jul 22, 2006
Denham Springs, LA
political correctness is killing us all

cinco de mayo isn;t even celebrated in mexico except for the one place where the mexicans won a battle over the french invaders. I don't mind holidays and celebrations, i like 'em all.

What i don'tike is folks celebrating whatever they want, then choking on Christmas

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
cinco de mayo was invented by corona beer about 25 years ago to sell more beer...... nothing else. The mexicans drove back a french attack and pretty much not important in mexico and even less imortant here. Alabama gives driver's tests in English, Arabic, Chinese, Farsi, French, German, Greek, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish, Thai and Vietnamese. You can see where this is headed. When the administration backs the muslum religion, (you know, the people who want to kill all us infidels).... It opens many other doors.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
The one guy running for the governorship in Alabama said he wants to make the driving test in English since all the signs are in English and this is America. He sure would have my vote if I lived there. :D

The wife told me she was reading where the Muslims want to build a mausk ( or however you spell that ) where the twin towers stood. :roll:

Plus I was reading in the paper where Obama has received more money from BP then any other politician. To top it off that oil well which is creating such a mess had a federal waver on some of the security matters. YEP , the same well. :roll:

In todays paper...........
53643447.jpg

graybeard

Dec 24, 2009
Between keyboard and chair
To me, the sad part is that the administration was probably correct. Not right, mind you, but correct. Wearing an American flag in America, in a High School of mostly (legal or illegal) Californian Mexican-Americans would probably have caused a fight. To bad the administrators didn't have a spine to stand up for this country.

There is some debate whether this photo was faked. From what I've read, I don't think so. You didn't see this in the newspapers reporting on the new Arizona law, right?

giveusfree.jpg