Overcoming cabin fever | SouthernPaddler.com

Overcoming cabin fever

Tom @ Buzzard Bluff

Aug 25, 2003
Ozarks of N. Central Arkansas
Brief alert to those who enjoy punching holes in paper with airguns. If Winter has you down and you need something to keep you semi-sane for a few more months before warm weather returns. If you need to relieve frustration and the indoor blahs, if your wife keeps looking at you with ill-concealed distaste and making hints that all involve you leaving her presence and you have an old airgun in basement, garage or barn then maybe the E-postal 10 meter Match on American Vintage Airguns would make you a happier camper. See the concept and the rules here:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/405945/t ... +e-match+..
Dave, who owns that board, is another old LE ne'er-do-well like Chuck so the atmosphere there is often reminiscent of here----'cept for the higher level of couth. :D
So if you keep looking out the window at a health-nut neighbor too-cheerfully exercising in the snow and find yourself mentally calculating range and hold-over it's time to distract yourself with the assassination of a few 10 rings. Tom

Ozark

Oct 23, 2007
Ozark Mo.
Hi T@BB make sure ya tune in for the show at Pipers Sunday. Thanks for the shootin link I'll take a look.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Tom

I hope ya don't mind but I fixed the link you listed so it works as a click on , I know how it is with folks in Arkansas and modern electronic equipment. If it does not have a string attached they they are a loss.

The un couth one over here. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom @ Buzzard Bluff

Aug 25, 2003
oldsparkey said:
I hope ya don't mind but I fixed the link you listed so it works as a click on , I know how it is with folks in Arkansas and modern electronic equipment. If it does not have a string attached they they are a loss.
The un couth one over here. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Chuck---you're not far off the mark about me and computers. And these wood-fired Ozark models are a little slow too. :lol:

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Tom @ Buzzard Bluff said:
Thanks Chuck---you're not far off the mark about me and computers.

Well Tom....somebody also said you were a liar.....horse thief......and a poor judge of good whiskey! Pretty much makes you a blue star member of the forum! :wink:

JAYCEESFOLLY

Jul 8, 2007
Upstate New York
Tom:

I was just cruising the forum and saw your post of the Airgun match, so I clicked on it and eventually ended up at Fletcher's website. On his webpage was the name of Rudy Merz. What a surprise! Rudy hired me in 1964 as a draftsman to work at Crosman. The thing that sticks out in my memory was the fact that Rudy used to keep a bottle of booze in his bottom desk drawer and at the end of the day he would occasionally invite us (draftsman and engineers) in for a drink. He used to drink it straight, no water or ice. For an 18 year old aspiring draftsman, that was quite an experience. I can tell you a lot of stories about Rudy and the other co-workers.

I haven't worked there since 1983, but your post (and subsequent websites), brought back many memories of a different time and place.

Jim

JC

PS: Maybe I should put my memories down on paper sometime(or on a blog)

Tom @ Buzzard Bluff

Aug 25, 2003
Jim wrote:
<Maybe I should put my memories down on paper sometime>

Sure wish you would. And put me at the top of the recipients list!
While on the subject let me recommend Deans' '75 Years of Crosman' history. He may be off on some details (that you could correct!) but it's still THE definitive book on the subject. Tom