PA Pierogie finishes his 1st | SouthernPaddler.com

PA Pierogie finishes his 1st

PA Pierogie

Jul 13, 2007
Pennsylvania
I finally finished my first pirogue and am ready to launch this weekend. Old Yaker pulled me around the hangar today so I could get a feel for how it will handle. We also had to have a small photo shoot with it. The pictures were taken with my camera phone and are not of superb quality. More will come later with my real digital camera.

boat.jpg

boat1.jpg

boat2.jpg

Pretty calm out here, no waves, only turbulence
boat3.jpg

boat5.jpg

Next to Jims car (Old Yaker) Dodge Viper
boat8.jpg

boat7.jpg

I have to thank Old Yaker for helping me with this fun project and getting me interested in boating. Also for turning me on to this informative site.
PA Pierogie

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Jason,

I got a dollar sez that if ya worked fer any other 500 Fortune company, ya wont find one where ya work fer a fella like oldyaker. Thanks fer postin' a pichur of hiz chick magnet. I had him all wrong......a pickup fella. :wink:

I seen that midlife crisis take hold before.....but never on a geezer. :roll: :roll: :mrgreen:

Show us pichurs of ya on the water......oldyaker sez he runs the low end of the Yock. Ya'll ever noticed how when he gits ta tellin' a tale yer BS meter begins ta smoke? He broke mine 'n it aint worked since.

good job
bearridge

It is hard to believe that a man is telling the truth when you know that you would lie if you were in his place. H. L. Mencken

PA Pierogie

Jul 13, 2007
Pennsylvania
Yeah, it is just paint to cover up all the defects and voids that I made. Far from a perfect boat, but with alot of paint and viewed from a distant angle in the dark. . . . It looks OK. Unlike, you guys down there who require the graphite to cruise right over logs and gators. I don't think I'll need the graphite coating up here in the dams and lakes that I'll be fishin in.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
DAMN I"M just bursting with pride for that boy. He is so dang smart and catches on in a flash. He did a stellar job. Now! He built it himself! I was moral support. He is really into building and paddling now fer sure. Talked about it all day. Damn I'm proud of him!

Br'r Bear....I love this boy but he has or lets say needs a BS-O-Meter his ownself. Don't think for a minute that Viper is mine! Watch this boy I'm tell'n ya. You might be a lawyer but I bet he can run neck and neck with ya! He belongs on this web site. :wink:

BC. I showed Jason a Pictiure of a green pirouge and he loved it, His boat is hunter green. Ain't a lick of graphite on it!

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Re: p

a Bald Cypress said:
The last statement of my post should be observed.
No problem BC......You may be color blind....I must be blind. :shock:

A little excited too about the boys boat. You won't find I don't think to many 25 year olds into wooden boat building.....besides hanging around an old fart like me. I wish you could all meet him. Outstanding young man!

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Good on ya, Perogie! Have a ball building and paddling. Learn how to get back into it if it capsizes on ya. ALWAYS wear your PFD. It's your parachute.

Be generous about letting Jimmie in the boat. He makes good ballast, but isn't so much smarter than a sand bag that he'll cause much trouble.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
HELP.... I have gone blind when I look at this picture , who is that in the Catchup outfit.

boat7.jpg

Wow , I shut my eyes and the vision came back , just in time to see all of the oldyaker bugs scurrying from the computer room , even some viruses on the computer were high tailing it out of here.

Those viruses said something about cruel and unusual bug removable and they were going to go to Johnny Cockram , who ever he is.

Great job PA and it even proves that with oldyakers help you still have a nice boat to play around in. Pirogues are oldyaker proof. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great Job , Guy's... I am proud of you.

Chuckles
PS. Ya guys get paid for all this fun an what did ya do with the boat rack on that Viper. :roll:

PA Pierogie

Jul 13, 2007
Pennsylvania
If my boat goes as slow on the water as it did with Old Yaker pulling me around the hangar, then I may need plans for the installation of a trolling motor for my pirouge.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
PA Pierogie said:
If my boat goes as slow on the water as it did with Old Yaker pulling me around the hangar, then I may need plans for the installation of a trolling motor for my pirouge.

DAMN!!! Your just too good kid! I taught you too damn well! I felt a shot to the BVD's on that one! :shock:

PA Pierogie

Jul 13, 2007
Pennsylvania
Old yaker, about that last one, I'm just kidding but I got to get them in when I can. Plus, I learned from the best!

old sparkey, He takes his boat rack off when he comes to work and goes to sophisticated suit and black tie dinner parties. He doesn't want "everyone" thinking he's a redneck. But he can't fool us.

dangermouse01

Sep 8, 2006
Palm Bay, FL (East coast)
PA,
Are you going with a Yakima or Thule rack system for toting that boat around with that jet? You might need that hull-a-vator thing. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Extra points for wearing your PFD. Safety first.

Seriously, good looking boat. Looks very fast next to Old's viper.

DM

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Kayak Jack said:
I hope that Viper doesn't huff and puff like Jimmie does when he's exerting himself. (Like, when he tries to get up from a chair.)

Or when he has to open a new Jug of Dago Wine. Or was that just a sighhhhhh , I'm thinking a sighhhhhh since the campfire did not flame up. Might of been something else since he was down wind from the fire. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chuck.

cctyer

Apr 20, 2007
Short Shorts, Arkansas
PA, You got a real nice boat there. It looks great and you probably can't wait to build another. Have fun and keep the wet side down.

Is Yaker gonna let you put that boat on the Viper? You might need a wind tunnel test with it straped on cuz I'm pretty sure none of the racks you can buy are rated for 160 mph+ :lol:

Great job!

Chad