PA Pierogie Launches with Pics | SouthernPaddler.com

PA Pierogie Launches with Pics

PA Pierogie

Jul 13, 2007
Pennsylvania
Took the newly built Pirouge back to my folks home about 2 hours away and launched it on the Wilmore Dam this past Sat. This was my first boat and 1st time in a canoe so when my dad pushed me off, I lost all the instruction oldyaker gave me. I floated around aimlessly for about 5 min. till I got control of the basics and my bearings straight. I then got comfortable with the way it handled and had my dad get in. We paddled all over that dam all afternoon. It is a pretty quick craft when paddling in tandem. I eventually got comfortable enough in it to stand up. I took my sister and mom in it also, their first canoe rides. Later, after docking, we came across a big ol'snake that I couldn't help but play with. Overall, this project was a success that I take pride and memories from. I can't wait to build another along with my boat building foreman and mentor, oldyaker.

DSCN0693.jpg

DSCN0691.jpg

DSCN0686.jpg
Me and my dad
DSCN0705(2).jpg
I offered him a ride in the boat but he just hissed at me
DSCN0692.jpg

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Congratulations PA, That is a fine boat and an even better build, youg man, Bloody well done!!

I can see the look of pride on your Dads face. That says it all. :D

You done good mate.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Well, If you think Pierogies Dad has a smile......you should see mine! :D
Well done 'Grasshopper'......well done.
You inspire me for us to get started on our next project......
Pieroge and myself will build two identical boats for our next project this Fall....

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Jason,

Good photos 'n a fine boat. Git oldyaker ta loan ya a paddle with a "T"grip. Then go ta the "make yer own paddle section".

I like snakes.....need their help keepin' the rats 'n mice down. I dont mess with any snake til I know what kind it iz. I paddled with a young fella (James) who liked ta play with snakes. Him 'n hiz buddies wuz out on a lake when they seen a baby cottonmouth. Later James tole hiz Dad how he grabbed it behind the head, jest like hiz Dad showed him, but when he tried ta turn it loose, it got him on the finger. Hiz whole arm wuz dark blue when they got ta the hospital. He come out with a crooked finger. He didnt know a baby cottonmouth had so much venom.

Some time later I took him, my oldest daughter 'n one of her pals down the Chattooga River Section III. That wuz when he tole me that tale. Later at the bathhouse I wuz tellin' it ta this fella who wuz shavin' hiz face. I tole him bout the rapids 'n waterfalls on the river too. I reckon he figgered I Truthful Jack....'er hiz honest twin. :wink: All of the sudden we heard a flush 'n James come outta the crapper. He held up hiz hand....with the crooked finger.

James tole this fella he wuz worried bout hiz golf game......had spent a heap a time learnin' how ta putt with a crooked finger, but now the doc wuz gwine ta cut on it 'n set it straight agin. He wuz scairt it would throw hiz puttin' off.

tippin' my e-hat ta ya
bearridge

ps I know I tole this tale before, but with geezers ya kin tell 'em at least six times. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :roll: 8)

Boss Paul: That ditch is Boss Keene's ditch. And I told him that dirt in it's your dirt. What's your dirt doin' in his ditch?
Luke: I don't know, Boss.
Boss Paul: You better get in there and get it out, boy.

cctyer

Apr 20, 2007
Short Shorts, Arkansas
That boat looks even better in the water PA. Looks like your having a great time with it already. Ahh Fun in the sun with the family it gets no better! 8)

bearridge, "I'm Shakin the bush boss,I'm shakin the bush":shock:

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
G'day Jason,

Our learned friend Bear is spot on 'bout the 'T' grip paddle.

Check out the paddle build section here. :D They are easier to build than you might think and oh, so nice to use. :D

Oh yeah, leave them bloody snakes alone.