Paddle on the Ogeechee | SouthernPaddler.com

Paddle on the Ogeechee

buckisland1950

Aug 15, 2007
Savannah, GA
Well it's been two weeks since I bought a new Wenonah Rendevous and I had not had a chance to get it wet. Today I got a shuttle up to the Trestles at I 16 and dumped it in the water. Took Gator Dog along and the flyrod and was determined not to work up a sweat paddling down to the takeout at Hwy 204. The sun was hot and the water cool. The boat handled exactly like it was described in the catalog and since I wasn't able to demo one I was extremely pleased. I bought this one for small whitewater and faster rivers than we have here at home, it turns on a dime but paddles well on slower water. We saw several kingfishers, a Great Blue, many turtles and numerous fish swimming by. Not much was biting, caught one extremely small yellow belly brim and lost a nice redbreast. Not real productive but as I catch and release it was all right, no fish smelling hands.

IMG_2772.jpg

Westbury's new ride

IMG_2770_1.jpg

Headed downriver

IMG_2779.jpg

river view

All in all a great way to spend an afternoon. Followed this up with all you can eat Snow Crab Legs at the Shellhouse. I have died and gone to heaven.......

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
She's a beauty Franke! I see you like red boats. Or does Gator Dog like red boats? :wink: I really need to get moved South to take advantage of all these paddles you have lined up......Now P4R's has something the same weekend. I'll have to be retired when I get down that way.....too much fishing and paddling to do......no time for W--K! :roll:

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
Yak I believe that is westburys new boat, all he needs is one them double blades & the two can paddle side by side. :wink: I ,d like to see yo uget near that new one Yak. :D You might draw back a nub.