Peanut Butter Energy Bars.......... | SouthernPaddler.com

Peanut Butter Energy Bars..........

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Surfing the web for easy backpacking and camping meals I located this one used as a snack. It is easy to make and quite good . :D

Peanut Butter Energy Bars..........

1 Cup of Peanut Butter.
3/4 cup of honey
3 cups of Quick ( Instant ) Oatmeal. ( Quaker one minute oatmeal is what I used.)

If you use the metal measuring cups , spray them with some Pam and the Honey will not stick to them , the Peanut Butter will come out a lot easier.
You can also preheat the Honey in a microwave for a short time to make it runnier. I don't do that but you can if you want to.

1.....Combine the Honey and the Peanut Butter in a NON STICK sauce pan. Warm the two up so they can be mixed together. Make sure you stir them so they do not burn. I heated mine till it got to the runny ( liquid ) stage which is fairly warm or close to hot. ( Dip your finger in it and it is hot to the touch)

2....Now remove the pan from the heat and add the Oatmeal , mix everything together and when it is mixed put it in a 9 x 9 baking dish ( Ungreased ) and let it cool then place it in the frig to really cool down.

3....When it is cooled down they you can cut it into chunks , sized to your liking and zip lock them. :D
I keep mine in the frig and these are not low calories or low in sugar.

Options that I have found.
If you like sweet and salty then lightly salt ( to your taste ) the top of the bars.
If you want more with them then add what you like , chopped nuts , dried fruit pieces or anything else.