Pics From The French Broad River In NC | SouthernPaddler.com

Pics From The French Broad River In NC

Archie

Nov 30, 2005
Moncks Corner, SC
We put in at Champion Park in Rosman & took out at Hap Simpson Park. You can get more details from Headwater Outfitters in Rosman, NC. We paddled a total of 20 miles in two days.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
It iz a purty long drive ta Love's. I like the French Broad up above Asheville.........the stretch down ta Stackhouse. Too ole fer Frank Bell's these days 'n dont care fer Kayak Ledge anymore. Pillow Rapid iz bout all I want.

Archie run a different stretch bout a hunerd miles south of there. Much better geezer water. :wink:

regards
bearridge

You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'My God, you're right! I never would've thought of that!' Dave Barry

Nockatee

Nov 21, 2008
Tryon, NC
Ya'll come!

I'm just learning about the places to paddle around here and lo and behold here is this lovely trip right in my back yard! I had not even begun to look up that way thinking the water would be more difficult than I want to go on.
So, when you folks want to come up this direction, lemme know.
There are actually some decent fish houses around, but there is a nearby BBQ joint that will make heart arteries go a quivering.:D
Great pics Archie. Thanks!
Nockatee