Polish Potato Drop Dumplings | SouthernPaddler.com

Polish Potato Drop Dumplings

Kahuna

Aug 27, 2003
DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS
HI! Enjoy!! Kahuna :D

Polish Potato Drop Dumplings (Kartoflane Kluski)

4-cups white flour
1-2.3 cups milk)may use evaporated)
2-large eggs(beaten)
1-large red potato(boiled/peeled & mashed or riced)
1-Tablespoon Garlic Powder(optional)
Salt & Pepper to taste or (1 TB "Vegeta" in place of the Salt.)
***** You can also use "Vegeta" which is what I use. Some people can't get it. http://www.vegeta.com/products/vegeta
Mix all together..may have to add more flour to make the mixture of a sticky bread dough.
Drop by spoonful in to broth(Rosol) or salted water. Simmer until they float and then cook a little longer, Eat as is or add to other recipes. Maybe be lightly cooked in butter and with a sprinkling of bread crumbs.
Mike Bernardoni( Family recipe as old as the hills

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I use this......... It's in the instant potato section at the grocery store.

31KFY9NNB6L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

It is really easy to make , just use two cups of cold ( ice ) water in a bowl then add the mix and stir it up , then wait till it solidifies ( 10 to 15 minutes ) and take out a spoon full , roll into balls or dumplings ( mine are about 3/4 inch thick and 1.1/2 inches long ) then add them to the salted boiling water and cook for about 5 minutes.

We use to grate the raw potatoes and make this by hand till I found this mix and it sure saves on the graded knuckles. :roll:

Kahuna

Aug 27, 2003
DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS
I tell you..this younger generation never wants to make anything home made!! :lol: Just kidding...
I always tease my 75 year old mom about using premade mixes & stuff. I prefer home made but I bet they are good!!
Kahuna :D

oldsparkey said:
I use this......... It's in the instant potato section at the grocery store.

31KFY9NNB6L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

It is really easy to make , just use two cups of cold ( ice ) water in a bowl then add the mix and stir it up , then wait till it solidifies ( 10 to 15 minutes ) and take out a spoon full , roll into balls or dumplings ( mine are about 3/4 inch thick and 1.1/2 inches long ) then add them to the salted boiling water and cook for about 5 minutes.

We use to grate the raw potatoes and make this by hand till I found this mix and it sure saves on the graded knuckles. :roll: