Pork Loin and Kraut with Nefflies in a Crockpot. | SouthernPaddler.com

Pork Loin and Kraut with Nefflies in a Crockpot.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I am sure I posted this on here before or just talked about it , one or the other.

Tonight I tried something different but as it is suppose to be done , with a twist. OK , it was an experiment for a supper for two folks with some left overs in the morning to take to work or just to enjoy at home , the longer it sits the better it is.

Splane yourself Chuck ...... I can here all of you saying.

1. Take a Crockpot , add some kraut to the bottom of it , the amount is your choice.

2. On top of the kraut drop in some good size Pork loin Chops ( good thick ones ), no bones , just the meat.

3. Put the lid on it and let it cook for 6 or so hours.......

4. Now take a bowel and add two cups of flour to it while you have a large pot of salted water heating up on the stove. To the flour add 4 eggs and mix them in the flour , add some water as you do this to make the mix a little thicker then a pancake mix. Sprinkle in some salt and pepper , your choice on the amount. You are making a noodle called a nefflie.

When the water is boiling then use a knife or fork to slide some of the mix out of the bowl and into the boiling water , it helps if you dip the untinsel in the boiling water to clean it and then go back and make more clumps to drop in the water. What ever the size is of the raw Nefflie ( Noodle) it will almost double when cooked.

Do 1/2 of the batch and scoop them out of the water after about 3 minutes ( when they float) and place them in a bowl for right now , Do the rest , then take them and place them in the Crockpot over the meat and kraut to keep them warm ..... This helps to flavor them and compleats the cooking process. 5 minutes later supper is ready.

5. When you decide to have supper serve everything on a plate and some potatoes with it does not hurt anything.

6. What is left over , place it in a container and into the frig ( Covered) , the next day just warm it in the microwave and enjoy , it is a dang site better the next day.

My Grandmother ( German) taught me this but in those days we had to put it in a pot and reheat it ( the left overs ) and they are SOoooo Gooood.

If you have friends over and really want to impress them then do it with a pork Roast and when serving use mashed potatoes as a side dish and to give everything a kick in the arse ... use a cast iron frying pad , put some butter in it ( Good amount ) , get it hot and then crumple some soda crackers in there ( a good handful or more) , fry them to a golden brown and sprinkle them over the servings you hand to the guests. "O" Boy that really hicks things up a notch. A buttery crunch along with all the other flavors... :D

I am full and getting hungry just typing this. :lol:

Chuck.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
oldsparkey said:
4. Now take a bowel and add two cups of flour to it while you have a large pot of salted water heating up on the stove.
This sounds like a recipe fer oldyaker. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :roll: :lol: :mrgreen: