Pretty quiet here | SouthernPaddler.com

Pretty quiet here

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Julie and I have been riding bikes through fall spectacularity and autumn splendiferousness stuff. Gotta get the Duck up for aerial reconnissiance of the countryside. Corn mazes are already cut and formed; haunted castles abound, and trick or treating is in the offing.

There's a gaggle, 13 strong, paddling in northern Wisconsin. Their expedition will bring back tales aplenty, I bet.

grandpa paddler

May 25, 2005
WNY-land of exhorbitant taxes
Thought a gaggle was geese not paddlers :eek: Spent 4 days in the ADK's last week and tho the forecast was for wet, we lucked out and even had some occasional sunshine. Tuff part was headwinds going in and coming out. Been having some back problems (probably should have stayed home) and coming out Thurs was difficult I HURT :cry:. But really glad I went anyway. Made 4 great new paddling friends... almost as much fun as Jack :) .

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I have been busy batting down the hatches around here getting ready for Mathew ( the Hurricane ) to visit. That's a new activity for me.
Doing all of that in between follow up visits this week to the chiropractor every third day to get the left leg back to working condition over the last 4 weeks.

Regular Doctors , medication , tests , Cat scans and all the rest did nothing and then a suggestion from my Doc that I go to a Orthopedic Clinic and see what they suggest.

I said nuts to that and went to the chiropractor and after the 2 nd visit was felling a lot better. It seams the pelvic bone moved and shorten my leg about a half of an inch. I can thank all the ligaments , tendons and mussels for that. I think what started it was a spill I took on the bike several months ago. Landed on my left side and that is the side giving me trouble. Not broken , Cat Scan showed everything in the original condition.

Plus all my additional biking did not help matters and my saying I will be OK after I do a few miles and warm up.What really threw a monkey wrench into the play was 14 miles in a hour and half on the Mountain Bike. That grounded me.

Now I can walk ( with a slight limp ) , even bend over and pick things up if I do it easy and get out of a chair without making a nasty expression. DAM , now I can even use a standard shift and drive the Jeep , before the wife had to take me in her truck and later let me drive it with the auto transmission. Some more treatments and more stretching exercises and I will be back on my bikes.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
I had sciatic pain up my legs for a couple of years. Walked a bit, and had to bend over to relieve the pain. My chiropractor cured it kn a few minutes over a year ago. It hasn't come back. Plus, he's a nice guy.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
What put my faith in them happen a few years ago.
I was having back and neck pains and could barely move. The Docs tried pain pills , mussel relaxers and nothing happen. Then they suggested the Orthopedic folks. It seams they like to suggest them all the time.

The wife was going to this Chiropractor and she suggested it so I figured there was nothing to lose and everything to gain. I called , got an appointment and to make a long story short. It took no time before I was back to normal.

Your body gets out of alignment at times and when it gets back like it should it fells so good.
Right now all I can say is do not take walking , bending or getting out of a chair for granted because it hurts you really miss all the movement.
Hell , I would walk 3 1/2 to 5 miles without any problems and now a major accomplishment is a trip around the block. I'll take that trip around the block and expand on it a little each day. :D

Right now I have to finish getting the place secured for Mathews ( Cat 4 Hurricane ) arrival and keep my fingers crossed that he decides to go someplace else. If things keep going like they are we will be without power for a spell. Fortunately we do not keep a lot of meat in the freezer during Hurricane season.
:lol: I do have a lot of dehydrated foods and several water purifiers. Campers are always ready and prepared. :D

doc

Jul 14, 2011
Mississippi
I went half-time at work a year and a half ago so I'm partially retarded -- fully retarded in three and half more years. Been learning how to slow down. So lately I've been paddling on the Bouie, Leaf, and Black rivers in MS...been camping and refining my diy camping equipment...been playing my guitar a lot...building a tree house for the g'kids...etc. I gave up on trying to vlog or even photolog any river/camping trips since it got in the way of enjoying the distilled refreshment of Kentucky and Tennessee. I don't have any problems (physical, emotional, or relational) big enough to bitch about. And instead of the mind-numbing TV, I read this forum. SO...ya'll need to get on the stick and make more contributions to this wonderful conversation. It would make me so happy.