Question for Beekeeper | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

Question for Beekeeper

woodman

Oct 31, 2010
Bates city Mo.
Ron where is Bee to settle this question???

Any how...To show how long a pc. of Baltic birch ply. left outside, raw-unfinished...screwed to a fence post for a few years now, still has not delaminated....no signs of splitting....
tn_100_2677.jpg

islandpiper

Interesting thread. Fun to beat one to death once in a while. After reading all the previous i'd like to offer this side light: Chuck said he had more trouble with his boats collecting dust than some other problems. I can identify with that. My problem is not dust, but empty cardboard boxes, ends of ropes, cat carriers, bits of old tarps not to mention the random, miscel. stuff. piper

Oyster

Dec 5, 2008
OBX North Carolina
islandpiper said:
Interesting thread. Fun to beat one to death once in a while. After reading all the previous i'd like to offer this side light: Chuck said he had more trouble with his boats collecting dust than some other problems. I can identify with that. My problem is not dust, but empty cardboard boxes, ends of ropes, cat carriers, bits of old tarps not to mention the random, miscel. stuff. piper

There is a cure for this you know. Configure sheet plywood to conform to the boat over the top so the boat does double duty as a work bench. You never have enough flat areas in the shop you know. This keeps the boat cleaner and when you get ready to use the boat just tip the sheets over which unloads it and you have a new boat ready for launching. :twisted: :twisted: :mrgreen:

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Not sure about you guys but a quick squirt of water out of the garden hose removes all the crud from my boat so I can use it. I made the boat so water would not hurt it. In fact it likes to go out and play in the water anytime. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know I have gotten off the subject matter of this post but what the He!! , it has been beat to death several times over.

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
tx river rat said:
...... How long do you get out of a hull with no glass and just paint if stored outside?
Ron

Sorry for the slow response, but I've been away from the computer and busy :roll: (fishing mostly).
I don't store my boats outside, so I don't know how long they would last.

beekeeper