Quick and simple Oatmeal cookies. | SouthernPaddler.com

Quick and simple Oatmeal cookies.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I made these last week and enjoyed 2 of them with a cup of coffee as breakfast.
The suggested recipe which I followed.
1. Two ripe bananas mashed.
2. 1 1/2 cups of Old Fashion Oatmeal.
3. 1/2 cup raisins ( but you can feel free to replace raisins with chocolate chips, chopped walnuts or almonds, or any dried fruits. )
The older the bananas the sweeter to cookie.

A... Mash the bananas , add the old fashion oatmeal and fruit ( I used dried cranberries )
B...Mix together and turn the oven on to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
C...Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup fill it with the mix and transfer to the baking sheet. Repeat the process till all of the mix is gone. Flatten them just a little ( they will not rise ) since they will stay at the shape they are cooked at. 1 batch will make 8 cookies.
D...Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
E... Let it cool and then enjoy the cookies.

Today I made it again and I modified the mix a little.
I added the dried cranberries , a teaspoon of coconut oil , a tablespoon of Vermont Maple Syrup and a healthy amount ( Shake ) of Cinnamon. It was a little runnier then I liked so I added about 1/3 cup of oatmeal. Mixed it all together and tossed it in the oven.

Split a cookie with my critic ( wife ) and she liked it , I have to agree , a lot more flavor then the original recipe. I has a nice Banana Cake flavor and is chewy.