WCPSGT3931.jpg

Fog off Portland Isle
0810050301.jpg

Mt Baker
Mmark.jpg

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Boomer, m'boy. You paddle what looks a lot like what we paddle here in the Canadian Shield territory.

We have a trip to Lake Superior Provincial Park on the eastern end of Gitche Gumi this September. About 25 miles (40 klicks) southerly of Wawa is Lake Mijinemungshing. If you're interested in coming along, let me know. One week on a granite-lined lake. Base camping, self-contained with day trips.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Really nice pictures and I noticed a good camp site on the island in the Broughton Archipelago picture. There is a good landing spot on the right side and with those trees, I can see the hammock between them and one comfortable camp site. :D

Chuck.
PS. If you are thinking about going with Jack in September ..... He SNORES. :lol:

Boomhauer

Jul 20, 2006
Victoria BC
oldsparkey said:
I can see the hammock between them and one comfortable camp site. :D

I'm leaving in ten minutes to go camping and try out my new hammock! 8)

Power boating, no yaks :cry: Should still be fun :p

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Boomhauer said:
I'm leaving in ten minutes to go camping and try out my new hammock! 8)

Looking forward to a report when you get back from the camping trip and what you think of the hammock in the trips section of this nutty forum.

In times of mental distress and just having to go camping :wink: we have used power boats or sail boats so don't feel bad about having to use a power boat for this trip.

This trip in the Everglades and 10,000 Islands was easy for me .. I was in the boat with Mac and his motor did all the work for us.

http://www.neilbank.com/phpBB2/viewtopi ... c6b35936b6

http://www.neilbank.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2321

http://www.neilbank.com/phpBB2/viewtopi ... c6cf381113

Chuck.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
oldsparkey said:
... This trip in the Everglades and 10,000 Islands was easy for me .. I was in the boat with Mac and his motor did all the work for us...
Is that the trip where you capsized into the gator nest, lost your camera, and darned near lost your arse?

BTW, is that nice, white beach going to be in the Okefenokee in November?

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Jack.........

That was the one (And only time) with Bill Logan in the Okefenokee Swamp when he decided to try out his ....NEW ....mercury motor to see how fast his canoe would go, someone should have told that ...BIG..Gator to duck. :p

He was big enough to take a speeding , 16 foot , metal canoe with the motor running wide open, gas cans, coolers, two grown adults (all right one grown adult and a nut running the boat) with a ton of camera gear.

As soon as he was hit, he use his tail and body to make the canoe go at lease 5 feet in the air and come down in some deep water , the canoe was 180 degrees from it's original position. Can you say .... Bottoms .......... UP :twisted:

To make matters worse the Rangers told us about a BIG Gator by the Coffee Bay Shelter bothering day paddlers and I can't believe it but they were correct, that is where Bill hit that sucker.
Think about this ..... It is only 6 miles from there thru Gator territory to the Suwannee Rec area, No dry ground. Swim or slog (walking in the mud, swamp and critters up to your waste) thru the swamp or stay at the shelter till someone finds you, if they do.

From that day on ... I paddle and am in my own boat , by myself , having fun. (no motors , no idiots , no problems)

I just love swimming in the Swamp's dark water, mud and critters with a pissed off , ran over , battered , madder then heck , Gator while I am in water up to my neck. Not saying anything about a small fortune in photographic gear and a couple of day's worth of swamp pictures going to the bottom of the swamp. :twisted:

You said something about ......SAND...... That is roughly 80 miles to the East over on the Florida Sea Shore of the Atlantic Ocean.

Chuck.

Suspicions confirmed! And you want to guide me into the swamp? Jack cutting in

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com

DISCLAIMER............

I or should I say ... Southernpaddler .....does not accept any responsibility for damage occurred to your vehicle (or you) when all of those Hooters Girls mob it and are after your body.

No sir it is not our problem ... You have brought that upon yourself by posting that decal on your vehicle.

Good Luck....... Just don't resist them to hard , some times it is better to put up a token resistance :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chuck.