REMEMBER TO BE THANKFUL | SouthernPaddler.com

REMEMBER TO BE THANKFUL

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan

We live here, in America, where we can make and live out our choices. The foundation and core of freedom, is that very ability to choose and act as we please. Of course, our freedom to swing our fist, stops where our neighbor's nose begins.
Remember.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I'm Thankful that I have been able to enjoy my 74 years before all the restrictions , political correctness and idiocy that we have today. It was fun growing up getting bumps , cuts and bruises and having it considered a part of the growing process.

You could leave your home unlocked , ride down the road with a firearm in the back window of your truck and no one thought anything of it. In school every boy had a pocket knife in their pocket and even some girls had them.

You could do what you wanted after school when your homework was done.
You better be in ear shot of your folks when one of them called for you or they knew where you were and you were ( better be ) there.

Best of all you were outdoors doing something from chores to playing , fishing and even hunting. Not in front of a computer screen or with an ear flatten against a cell phone.

It was a different world back then and the Good Old Days for me. Later on , yesterday , today and all the tomorrows will become the Good Old Days for my grandson and I pity him since he will have missed out on my Good Old Days.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
That's right, Chuck. We look back 10, 20, 50 years and call them ""the good old days". Why didn't we realize, as we were living them, how good they were?

In fact, RIGHT NOW are some good old days. We just need to realize it.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
With the family part of the celebration over, we're home again. About 150 mile round trip: in a car built in the USA; on open, safe roads; to have a friendly dinner in a safe, clean restaurant; and not have to fear for our lives.

Saturday, we are assembling our familes for another such gathering. It's nice to be able to do activities openly and freely.