Rendezvous Recipes | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

Rendezvous Recipes

islandpiper

jack......strange things happen in the kitchen. Some regular old pickling spice might have found a way in there. I probably didn't put any cloves in by themselves because i can never find that little can in the pantry. (like any recipe this one is more flexible than Elvis' lower back)

piper

Ozark

Oct 23, 2007
Ozark Mo.
Strange I am I the only one who hears Pipers voice when he's postin?
Or Joey's
Or Russel's
Or Seedtick's
Or Jack's
Why can't I remember Keith's voice?

islandpiper

If anybody had left room for more desert, we did have STRAWBERRY SORBET available too. We'll struggle by somehow and eat it all ourselves now. But you can make your own really easy. Probably works with peaches or pineapple or other fruits too.

2 cups fresh strawberries or frozen whole berries
1 cup sugar
1 cup buttermilk
1 splash of lime juice or lemon juice

Buzz this all up in a blender till it is Smooooooth and freeze. Just that simple.

Around here we freeze this in clean margerine containers and give it away when visiting friends.

Piper

islandpiper

KENTUCKY BOURBON PECAN FUDGE PIE

Serves 8, prep time 10 minutes, baking time 42-45 minutes

One 9" pie crust.......refrigerated is good, or fresh, or graham cracker crust

One 19 oz brownie mix....any kind, i like the fudge brownie kinds, but it works well with the cheap kind from the dollar store, too

One stick BUTTER....... not margerine........melted

Two large eggs

1/3 cup bourbon.....or a little more.....cheap bourbon works fine

1/2 cup chocolate chips for the top

1/2 cup pecans for the top

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. put eggs, mix, bourbon and melted butter in a mixing bowl and mix with a large spoon, just till mixed, may be a bit lumpy, don't overmix.

3. pour into pie shell and smooth top.

4. put the chips and pecans on top

5. into the oven, for 42 minutes or so......it will puff up and the nuts will get brown and toasted looking.

DO NOT OVERBAKE........if you overbake it then the "fudge" nature of this pie will not happen and it will be a crusty, hard, chocolate something.

6. remove from oven and cool on a rack. This pie will save , covered, on the counter for three days or in the freezer for several months. Thaw and warm before serving.

This is the easiest thing you can make in a hurry to impress somebody, when you need to take something. I never make one at a time, but always make two, since I always owe somebody a favor.

When you guys make these I really think you should send me one so I can check it and make sure you are on the right track.

Piper

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
Thanks for the recipe for the Kentucky Bourbon Pecan Fudge Pie. It struck me about half-way back home that the little taste you let me sample was all I got. :cry: :cry: Too much going on and too many other goodies. I WILL make this recipe, for sure.

Joey