Resin application thickness question | SouthernPaddler.com

Resin application thickness question

bluegrasslover

Feb 18, 2009
Willow Springs, NC
When you wet out the fabric, should the resin be thick enough to completely cover the texture of the fabric or should you still be able see/feel the cloth's texture? I've never done this before but it looks like completely covering on the first pass would be too much. I always hear thin layers of finish but this is different. I'm using 4oz cloth if it makes a difference.

Thanks

rpecot

Nov 10, 2006
Katy, TX
Wow Greg, are you glassing already? I slowed considerably in the last 3 weeks or so, after the problems I encountered. Making slow, but steady progress. I've got one rail attached and the other clamped in place, waiting for glue. I'm eager to get back at it, just can't find the time.

bluegrasslover

Feb 18, 2009
Willow Springs, NC
rpecot said:
Wow Greg, are you glassing already? I slowed considerably in the last 3 weeks or so, after the problems I encountered. Making slow, but steady progress. I've got one rail attached and the other clamped in place, waiting for glue. I'm eager to get back at it, just can't find the time.

Not glassing like you are probably thinking. I went with a fiber glassed butt joint instead of the scarf joint. That's what I'm working on. I finished the bottom piece tonight so I should start putting this thing together this week.

I figured you were probably about finished by now!