Sandpaper question | SouthernPaddler.com

Sandpaper question

Bently

Dec 15, 2009
I have a rigid palm sander that uses the rectangle sandpaper with the holes for the vacumn. I can't find the sheets for it anywhere? It's the clamp on style. I can find the hook and loop but not the clamp style? I've checked home depot, lowes, ace, you name it. Any ideas?

mike

Jun 29, 2009
TEXAS!
Just buy full sheets and cut your own to fit. If it's like mine, one full sheet makes exactly 3 sander sized sheets.

Quick tip - mount a hacksaw blade on a board using a screw through the hole in each end. Then you can slide a sheet of sandpaper under the blade and tear off just the right amount for your project.

oops! I just read your post again and see you need holes. Maybe you can still use my idea if you mount the sandpaper on the sander and then poke holes in the appropriate places with a sharpened pencil or something of the right diameter.

Mike

a Bald Cypress

May 7, 2007
Northwest Louisiana
I have a ridged velcro type sander that soon after i bought it no longer held the paper well. So what I do is use a can of spray adhesive, spray the back of the paper and let it set for a min, When it is time to change the paper, it just peels off.

Works a charm and I no longer have to worry about finding the right paper.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
The ones I have are the quarter sheet ones so I get the full sheets and cut them into quarters. Most of the time I don't bother to punch the holes in them.

You get a lot more sandpaper by getting the full sheets and cutting them then if you get the individual packs already cut. It is a savings and for some reason we always use a lot of sandpaper. :roll:

Chuck.

Bently

Dec 15, 2009
Thanks for the Repys. I did find some paper in rolls online pretty cheap I guess I'll have to make a hand punch and make my own paper. Thanks again guys.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Mine is similar to Chucks, a 1/4 sheet design. I don't cut the sandpaper though, just fold it over a time or three and then rip it. My sander has a plastic plate with prongs on to set the loaded sander onto and it punches sucker-upper-holes in the right spots.