Scouting put in take out for Brazos trip | SouthernPaddler.com

Scouting put in take out for Brazos trip

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
I went out to highway seven bridge took a couple pics one up the river

IM001377.jpg

I don't think we will have to much company from boats Sunday I watched this guy trying to unload he never did make it just to much mud on the ramp
IM001379.jpg

IM001378-1.jpg

There is a place right below the ramp we can unload yaks and stay out of the deep mud
I drove on down to the falls
IM001383.jpg

IM001382.jpg

Still plenty of white water below the falls
went to boat ramp

IM001385.jpg

water running pretty good around wall but there is an eddy right below it

IM001387.jpg

if you miss that there is another spot right above the falls but is cutting it pretty close
IM001381.jpg

Cant hardly wait till Sunday
Ron

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Ron, CAUTION: Stay away from the hydraulics in those falls. May look easy, but a good way to get drowned. They can pin you under water for several minutes to several hours. How long can you hold your breath?

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Jack
I will
Take out no 1 is about hundred yards above the falls at the boat ramp second one is right above the falls on the left. It was the reason I went and scouted love this ole river but respect it to
And thanks for the warning
Ron

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
G'day Ron,

That is a fine looking river mate. I have never seen a fresh water river that big.

The volume of water running in that thing is amazing. We have nothing that even comes close to compare with that. Ditto about what Jack said with the falls.

How far from the coast were the piccies taken?

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Mick
I am 357 miles from the falls to the coast.
That was the reason I built the Freedom just for that trip late this summer or early spring of next year.
The Brazos is the largest river in Texas ( I love it)
Ron

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
Ron,
If I remember rithe, you said you were only going 5 miles. With that current it will be a pretty quick trip even without paddling. Have fun and like Bear says. Take plenty of pictures.
Bob