Scuba Daughter | SouthernPaddler.com

Scuba Daughter

Pirogue

PIC_0091.jpg

Last weekend I took the girls to the Frank Sargent's outdoor show.

The had a diving pond and my older daughter decided to give it a try. After about 20 minutes, she swam up to me and asked "Is this equipment expensive"?

I'm toast now.

The first week of April I think I am going to take her to Ginnie springs for a day of snorkeling.

gbinga

Nov 7, 2008
Hoschton, GA
That's a happy looking kid. Great picture.

Could be worse, in terms of money. Somebody could have given her a free horseback riding lesson. Or ice skates. Or asked her to the prom. Or got her interested in building boats. All in all, SCUBA starts to sound like a perfectly reasonable hobby!

GBinGA

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Heya Pirogue,

Great shot mate!!,

Ya got any coral there? If so, and if you can, get her snorkling on coral. She will be hooked for life. Either way, as others have said here, it could be much much worse.

Pirogue

Mick,

We do have some coral in Florida. Mainly branch and fire coral. The bigger coral reefs are further down the state. Miami area and John Pennekamp SP.

Most of my diving was on the limestone around Palm Beach County. Another spot, and where I spent most of my high school days (but that's another story) was a draw bridge on Jupiter Island (Cato's Bridge). People don't realize how much marine life these things hold. Now that I am on the west coast, I think we are going to start hitting some of the freshwater springs. There is not too much in the way of reefs within reach here.

Bear,
They do grow up fast. She used to hop up into my lap. Now, my very existence embarrasses her. :wink: No- she is a sweet girl and we have great times together. You have no idea how proud of her I was when she said she wanted to try the gear out. I think I was more excited than she was. She is becoming a young lady now!

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
I figger Matt too haz a little gal who aint so little any more. I recall the phase when your reason ta be here wuz the credit card. However, I have seen many little gals (boys are a different species) who come back later 'n wanna camp, paddle 'n outdoor cuz poppa took 'em when they wuz little. Mine would take dolls inta the woods 'n build make believe Barbie houses in the vines 'n thickets. My youngest haz her own child. My oldest does a heap a surgery these days, but she just went skiing fer the first time in Utah last month. She blew out, ran over the "GO SLOW" sign, but she always gits back up on the horse that throwed her.

ps Scuba Divin' in Florida iz cheaper'n skiing out west. Aye Laddie. [grin]