Seafood ( shrimp or fish) seasoning. | SouthernPaddler.com

Seafood ( shrimp or fish) seasoning.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
The folks here at the Publix Supermarkets they make something to have with there fish or seafood , like I did tonight with a couple of pounds of the large ( 24 count ) shrimp.

It is a butter mix of the butter with ..... Lemon juice , Digon mustard , vinegar , mustard seed , salt , citric acid , tartar sauce , and spices , Basil , Sauterne wine , garlic , ( which is roasted ) and black pepper.

Now I added ...... some white wine , about a 3/4 cup of it as some extra liquid for the shrimp to swim in while cooking :D . Then some of the McCormick Italian seasoning at the end when the shrimps were done , just before serving them. Put the McCormick's on them and toss to spread it around. Yank the shrimps and the pan off the heat and serve...........

McCormick's Italian seasoning has Marjoram , Thyme , Rosemary , Savory Sage , Oregano and Basil in it.

It makes for a tasty sea food meal........ Even ole Pup's liked it and is looking for more but that dog will eat anything , even my cooking. :lol:

If you have a herb garden then use the fresh ones , my garden is just getting going so it was the package stuff , good but not like the fresh. Heck I even have some Mint growing , that is some good stuff. :D

Dam tree rat has been in the herbs and if he or it continues then I will have a well seasoned lunch for pups and me , sauteed up in a little bacon fat and herb seasoned from the inside out. Not sure if it has been in the rosemary or the neighbors since both of the plants look like small Christmas trees from being here for a few years. All of us keep them trimmed back. :lol: Now who has been in the mint , it is up one day and some is down (trimmed or bitten off ) the next. :? The mint has been here for a year , use to have a big patch when I was a kid living with the folks , that mint patch was about 20 by 20 feet and provided a lot of good spice for us.

Chuck.