Self heating coffee | SouthernPaddler.com

Self heating coffee

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Guy's this is Chuck and Neil is over here with his coffee , he is like Swampy ............. does not go anywhere without his coffee , but the one Neil found is something else for camping. Here is NEIL to tell you about it .............
I just love picking on him.... :D

040205puck.jpg

Beginning Jan. 2, consumers can buy a 10-ounce container of Wolfgang Puck gourmet latte at the store and heat it by pressing a button. No electricity. No batteries. No appliances.

"It will expand the way people drink coffee," says Puck, the celebrity chef with a growing empire.

How does the can do it? A single step mixes calcium oxide (quicklime) and water. It heats the coffee to 145 degrees in six minutes â€â€

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I did not want to trespass on the post I forced Neil to do so I am adding my comments here.

This coffee is an ideal way to have a hot drink full of caffeine & sugar if you capsize in a river, paddle all day in the cold & rain and want something good & hot to warm you up while paddling or just when you get up in the morning and the firewood is wet and your stove is out of gas so you have to eat a cold hard granola bar for breakfast and want something ............HOT.

I am going to have a few of them with me on river trips if for nothing more then the convince of them and a hot drink in the morning.

I did do a sniff test on the one Neil was drinking and boy did it smell really good......... as far as taking a sip then I would have had to fight Mary, who was really enjoying it and that would be like taking a bone from a wolf.......... NO THANKS, I like my personal safety and having both hands & arms for use later, But it sure did smell delicious. :D

Chuck

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
A sad day when paddl'n camp'n Geezers are drink'n caff'e latt'e on the trail :cry:. Next you'll all be wear'n Izod and Tommy Hilfiger Polo shirts and asking for gray poupon. I can see the Mercedes and BMW pickup's pull'n into the Lost Campground now with greenpeace and sierra club bumper stickers . :cry: Poor Swampy wear'n white shoes and knickers, white knee socks, blue blazer with a gold anchor logo on the pocket and his Cap'n Stuebing sailor hat. :(
Chuck in his tennis outfit swinging a racket looking for a match. :cry: Bear in riding breeches, black riding boots, red jacket and black riding helmet with crop under his arm. :cry: Of all the inhumanity all started by a supposedly innocent quick caff'e latt'e because it was quick and easy. The shame. :(
There's Swampy's cowboy coffee pot, sitt'n in the corner with a fern grow'n out the top of it! It looks so loney and sad......The end is near. All started by a quick caff'e latt'e.
Tsk, tsk, tsk......Jack help, bring some sense into this world!!! :shock: :wink: :wink: :wink:

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
oldyaker

Take a wrong turn on the river and go swimming .......... (I know none of us would ever do that :oops: ) but just in case that would happen and you need to warm up in a hurry because those ladies from Wisconsin are not there to save your butt and Swampies coffee pot is being used as a porta potty.. :shock: ....... WHAT are YOU GOING TO DO??????????

Along comes Oldsparkey with the answer, :D here drink this but be careful it is HOT, and before you know it you have paddled past the campsite that we were going to stay at and are at the one we wanted to stay at two nights from now.
Yep this is a plus for the rest of us , some quiet camping, no snoring, loud sounds, vibrations, thunder when no rain is in the forecast or booming ( military artillery practice coming from your hammock ) to keep us up all night and you get to relax till we get there with you.
Are you sure you are NOT related to Kayak Jack :?:

By the way make sure you have plenty of firewood on hand when we get there..........After all we have the chow in our canoes along with the rest of those heat and drink caff'e latt'e containers. :wink:

Chuckles

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
ololdsparkey said:
Along comes Oldsparkey with the answer, :D
Chuckles
You sure did!!!

Chuck! Your a genius :!: You just gave me a brain fart :idea:

"Uncle Chuck's Super Quick Belly Warm'n Grits"

Use the same idea and container filled with creamy grits and butter!
Chuck, you could be a "Gazillionare"!!! :shock:

Even have choices, "Uncle Chuck's plain grits, Uncle Chuck's Shrimp N' Grits, Uncle Chuck's Grits and Black eyed peas! Your picture on the warmer cup with a container in your hand buck necked with a towel around yer bottom, just yer hat on and two Wisconsin river guide gals stand'n next to ya eat'n yer grits! A balloon out over yer hat with you say'n Geezer Approved!

Hot grits after an ice cold dunk'n! What can warm ya up better? :D

Than you expand, hot chocolate, tea, etc, etc, etc........ :arrow:

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
oldyaker said:
Than you expand, hot chocolate, tea, etc, etc, etc........ :arrow:

I like it ... that is a mar-vel-ous idea ....... We could even use some different pictures on the containers so those higher learned persons in the north could tell what is in the containers.

Uncle Chucks Gumbo Grits , Swampys Back Water Bayou Caff'e , Yaker Jacks Scotch and Cinnamon Tea mix , Oldyakers Peck "O" Pickled Peppers with Kraut & Garlic , Kahunas Trout and Moonshine Wine , Matts Krackerlina BBQ and Pepto Bismo , Bears Miss-is-sip Mud Pies with Real Mud & Wine Mix , Daper Als Dandy Dandylion Sprouts & Granola Snack, Joes Geezer Paddling Goo-lo-ush & Cheese Gravy...........
Naturally there pictures would be smaller then mine , after all it hard to be humble when you are as great as I am. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chuckles

Aardvark

Excuse my ignorance, but what the heck is latte

Something like Mid shift coffee? Stuff that was started at midnight in the 30 cup percolator and the last cup you drink of it is at 5 in the am (keeps you AWAKE!)?

Now I like my Kona with a little sugar in it...

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Aardvark said:
Excuse my ignorance, but what the heck is latte

Art, Yer not ignorant, ya just don't hang out in yuppie coffe shoppes. Good for you.

Now a latte is a yuppie coffee with alot of foamy cream and sugar in it . Sometimes they shave chocolate over the top or other spices. Normally found in Starbucks or other coffee shops where people wanna spend 5 bucks for a cup of fancy Joe.. People that wear green polo shirts and drive beamers drink 'em.They have names like Buffy and Wendy. Driving to Cabelas this weekend I saw two bikers in front of a coffee shop drink'n 'em. No, not Harley drivers, the ones that wear that tight shiny spandex stuff over their tight little behinds with rear view mirrors on the helmets that are streamlined. Can't figure why you need a streamlined helmet only going about 20 MPH :roll:
Anyhow, your the type of macho guy that would drink a Swampy coffee, real tough guy stuff. It'll grow hair in places that ain't supposed to have hair, make ya real mean and tough too. You would like it Art, you seem like a tough guy with alot of machismo. I bet you even like John Wayne movies, ever see Wayne drink'n a latte? Hell No, it's black coffee with noth'n in it from a beat up tin cup, the way man was supposed to drink coffee! Can't see Sgt. Stryker going up to Donut Dolly window and ask'n, "Oh say, Can I please have a Mocha Latt'e?" "TEN HUT!!! I ain't thru with you yet maggot! Can I have a GRRRRRRRRR!!! Sorry :roll: Gett'n carried away thin'n about Wayne war movies. :oops:

How much TP do you take on a wilderness trip drink'n the Swampsters coffee? :shock:

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
" Anyhow, your the type of macho guy that would drink a Swampy coffee, real tough guy stuff. It'll grow hair in places that ain't supposed to have hair, make ya real mean and tough too ".

Man I have been worried and now I know the cause of all of my worries... :p ... I thought I was becoming something not normal, like a cross between a Wear Wolf & Big Foot.

Ever since I got back from that last trip to Nawth Krackerlina and drinking swampies coffee I have had to shave my ears, either that or just use the hair as a comb over and hat along with this desire to chew on pinecones ...... NO ..... the green ones not those good ripe, wimpy, ones that everyone else likes.

I can see that on the next trip I will have to have those Latt'es with me to get me back to normal. Just sipping Latties under the full moon & skipping down the sand bar singing ......Goom By La.............What a life :shock:

Jeeeeeeeee I wounder what one of them would do to swampy. Best to not even go there........... :roll: Yep .... but he might be nothing more then Donn Knots (Barney Fife) if he drank one. :lol:

NOTE TO SELF.........Don't mess with Mother Nature......... Chuck.......... the results could be really bad.

Chuck.
Pisssssss, listen up..........Chuck this is the ....... The Devil .. :twisted: ....Let Hell take the high most, slip a latt'e in his cup and just sit back and see what happens...... it should be the best show on this earth or anywhere........If he starts hollering for Andy then just give him a MRE and he will revert back to his tar drinking normal ( Fun Loving Marine Corps) person.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
See, we aren't hinting anything like that fellers that drink frothy coffee, drinks with little brellies in them, and wear spandex are "funny" in any ways, or that mayhaps certain important body parts that are supposed to drop soon after birth may NOT have dropped, nor anything like that.

Or, ... are we? Is George Simmons lurking out there in Starbuck land?