Share your Tools and Fixtures? | SouthernPaddler.com

Share your Tools and Fixtures?

icemanxxxv

Jul 17, 2009
What Jigs or fixtures have you manufactured for your tools to help in the building of your Pirogue? I have a Table Top Table Saw. 4" Belt 6" Disk Sander. Table top Drill Press as well as a table top band saw, and a compound miter saw.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I use a small pull stroke hand saw to cut the panels with or get the guy at the store to cut them out for me. 1- 4 x8 sheet of ply has the two sideboards cut out. The 2nd sheet has two side boards cut out , the rest of each sheet is for the bottom.

To cut the end angles on the side boards the hand saw is used. Then when the sideboards are together and the next step is attaching the bottom.

When the bottom is attached then the hand saw comes into play to trim it and the job is completed with a palm sander ( electric) to match the bottom to the sides.

After epoxy saturation on the wood then a hand sanding to remove the burs the epoxy causes when the wood fills with it. If you don't lightly sand it then when you put the glass on it you will get runs or pulls in the glass.

As you can see it does not take a lot of equipment to make one.