1 cup onion finely chopped
½ cup dry white wine
½ cup sharp cheddar grated
½ cup carrot finely chopped
1-1/2 cups chicken stock
½ cup celery finely chopped
1 t Worcestershire sauce
2 t parsley finely chopped

cut the meat into ¼ inch cubes, about 3 cups. Set aside. Heat butter in a saucepan and add carrots, onions, celery and parsley, cook stirring until onions are wilted. Sprinkle with flour and stir with a wire whisk. Add tomato paste, wine stock, Worcestershire sauce and pepper, stirring rapidly with the whisk. Let simmer 10 min. and stir in cubed meat and corn. Cook 5 min. longer. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees f. put the meat and sauce in a 8 cup baking dish or casserole . you can use a pastry bag or spoon to put the potatoes evenly on top of the meat mixture, cover it completely with potatoes. Sprinkle evenly with cheese and place in the oven. Bake for 30 to 45 min.

1 cup corn kernels , is 1 can of whole kernel corn drained, ( salt and pepper to taste )
1-1/2 cups chicken stock is 1 can of chicken broth from the store.

By the way you can forget the Tomato paste and just use two vine ripe Tomatoes , chopped up about medium to semi fine , that was what I did tonight and it is just as good , if not better. Just sauteed them with the onions and the rest. I also did not have any carrots so it was some tongue in cheek cooking tonight. I added some green beans instead.

It was delicious , and will be better tomorrow , what little is left.
:D
Chuck.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
MMMMMMMM!

Sparkmeister, Heard of it, never had it, sounds fantastic! Thanks for the recipe, gonna have it this week. (How the shepherds pie name?) I'm glad it don't have lamb in anyway, don't much care for lamb.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
It is my understanding that Shepherds Pie was actually created to use the left overs from the sheep camp, so nothing was wasted. I guess what I am saying is anything goes when making it.

I got a big dish of it fer supper tonight and even Jack would like it .... No Gritz in it. :lol: Sorry Jack I ate ya share :oops: .....and gave some to pup's ...... Yep , WE like my cooking.
Chuck.