Shrimp Tortellini Marinara | SouthernPaddler.com

Shrimp Tortellini Marinara

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
This was in today's paper , the grocery section , Publix Markets fold out.

1/2 pint cherry tomatoes ( rinsed)
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 lb large peeled/divined shrimp
20 ounces Buitoni Mixed Cheese Tortellini ( three cheese ones , Ricotta , Romano & Parmesan) With some Parmesan shredded over the the completed meal.
1 3/4 cups Gia Russa Marinara Sauce
1/2 cup white wine
4 ounces pre sliced mushrooms
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper.

1... Fill a large sauce pan , half full of water. Cover and bring to a boiling high for pasta. Cut tomatoes into halves or quarters , set aside.

2...Meanwhile preheat large saute pan on medium-high...2-3 minutes. Place oil in the pan; swirl to coat. Add shrimp, cook 1-2 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and opaque.

3...Stir tortellini into boiling water. Boil 3-5 minutes , stirring occasionally until tender.

4...Stir marinara sauce into shrimp; then stir in remaining ingredients ( including tomatoes) . Cook 1-2 more minutes or until thoroughly heated.

5... Drain tortellini ; then stir into the marinara sauce............ SERVE.

Suggested items with it........
Green beans , Italian five grain bread , garlic butter and for dessert a Delizza Chocolate Cream Puff.

The wine..... A crisp , light bodied white wine such as Monkey Bay Sauvignon Blanc , which has a light citrus and pear flavor.

The Green Beans....................

1 (12 oz) bag fresh green beans
3-5 sprigs of fresh dill
2 oz fera cheese
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup Kraft Special Collection Greek Vinaigrette

1.... Microwave beans in bag on high 4-5 minutes until crisp-tender or desires tenderness. Measure and chop the dill finely ( 2 tablespoons) place in med bowl. Chop feta coarsely or crumble while adding to the dill.

2....Remove the beans and immediately plunge into ice water to stop the coking process , drain and pat dry.

3... Add the beans to the dill and feta; stir in pepper and dressing , Chill until ready to serve , Stir 1 time before serving.

Guess what I'm cooking for supper tonight........ YEP and it should be good.

Oldyaker ... I'm darn happy you will not be here tonight , I will only have to fight the wife and pups for my share.
This for supper with the hot bread and garlic butter smothering it , the glass of chilled wine along with the meal .... Almost will make me want to be a Italian. :lol:

Chuck.
PS.. If it turns out to not being any good I do have a back up can of Vienna's and some Ritz crackers. ( Added that for Jack since he is worried about what I eat ) :roll:

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
oldsparkey said:
T. Almost will make me want to be a Italian. :lol:
Chuck.

Your getting close Carlo! The way you put away Dago Red and starting to talk with your hands........By golly.....You do your next cement job and your there! 8)

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
The ........ 20 ounces Buitoni Mixed Cheese Tortellini ( three cheese ones , Ricotta , Romano & Parmesan) With some Parmesan shredded over the the completed meal. Makes a lot of them , for two folks and one pup's a 9 oz pack of them would be just right , for normal folks that is , not Italians of Cajuns. :p

Heck ... we have a lot of left overs for the boss to take to work for lunch tomorrow. Especially if I can keep pup's away from them till they cool down and I can slip them in the frig.

He is walking around here and tried to bark at a cat but all he could do was wail his front legs around and make some funny gestures with them... Yep a quiet night tonight , his barker is broken and he only makes gestures now. Pup's should be back to normal in the morning if I can keep him away from the left overs and the spare bottle of wine in the pantry. :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Chuck.

coogzilla

May 3, 2008
So Cal USA
The garlic has to be crushed and browned in the oil first. Then the onions
and tomatoes. Some bell pepper and season with salt and pepper.
You got the cheeses right. Helps if the tortellini is aldente. Stuff, bake.
Like baby lasagne's. Serve with Aniset. Or ouzo if you can find it.

Coogs

Left somthing out.
Zucchini sauted in oil with garlic would be served with this.
And a salad. Parmesan is always on hand.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Aye god, Chuckus Viennieicus - we may have TWO Eye-tal-yuns on here. Next thing you know, we'll have to clean the grease trap on the keyboards, deodorize the garlic sumps, and empty the Dago red buckets. :wink:

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
I drove a Fiat 128 fer some of my best years. Me'n Dago Red been on a first name basis. I liked that opera song Serpico listened ta out on the back stoop. I like cheese frum Parma, Reggio Emilia, Modena, Bologna 'n Mantova, but I never cut nobody 'er broke their knee caps with a Louisville Sluggo. 8)

regards
bearridge

Italy is not technically part of the Third World, but no one has told the Italians. P. J. O'Rourke