Sister to DU pirogue | SouthernPaddler.com

Sister to DU pirogue

seedtick

Jul 22, 2006
Denham Springs, LA
Friend Keith and I just finished the sister to the DU pirogue.

Similar style only built with planks instead of plywood and finished bright.

e8364ccf.jpg

e8364c0e.jpg

e8364b5e.jpg

cctyer

Apr 20, 2007
Short Shorts, Arkansas
WOW Guys :shock: That is another awesome looking boat. I think you should ship it to all the members here and let them all give it a good test. :lol: Like a community boat you just pass on to the next paddler when your done testing. I'm sure that's not possible but it would be fun to paddle those beautiful pirogues you guy's build. That one finished bright is stunning. You done good my friends, real good!

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Which one of ya'll does all that work? :wink:

I like the fire pit, but I dont see the chairs. Looks kinda like mine. I got nuthin' ta allow bout yer boat. I run outta words. The ones I know come up a day late 'n a dollar short. It makes me wanna run my hand along it.

It iz a female boat, rite? :mrgreen: :roll: :mrgreen:

respectfully
bearridge
now"!

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
hairymick said:
Oh man, I WANT that boat.

Bloody beautiful mate.

respectfully,

Mick

Mick , That is NOT a BOAT it is a work of ART.

Chuck.
Pissssst , Mick. I was told that Piper built it when he visited seedtick and Keith that one afternoon , a few weeks back , but don't tell anyone. They think they did it but really they were taking a nap when piper put it together.
Remember ... http://www.neilbank.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3917

seedtick

Jul 22, 2006
Denham Springs, LA
Thanks for the compliments folks,

Keith and I do this because: (obviously we enjoy doing it, but also)

1. We want to keep alive the old designs for a bit longer, and

2. We enjoy showcasing the beauty of the old cypress

And Bear, The story of the firepit is that friend Keith went out and built it to burn wood scraps. Well I've been building boats with him for almost 4 years now and he has yet to throw any wood away. If you need a low mileage firepit, I know where one is

a Bald Cypress

May 7, 2007
Northwest Louisiana
s

Keith & Tick,

In an effort to aid y'all in showcasing your pirouges. Also in an attempt to enlarge the viewing area.

I can be on your doorstep to load up and bring that beautifull boat nort to Shreveport in about 4.5 hours.

This would be a hardship on me to be seen in such a boat BUT, I could endure it for history.

Awaiting your address and a time for the pickup. :wink:

seedtick

Jul 22, 2006
Denham Springs, LA
Cypress,
We really appreciate that kind offer, but, sad to say, that little pirogue headed out for Little Rock yesterday. Some young duck hunter's birthday present from a kind grandfather. Maybe next time.............

But in the meantime, if you ever find yourself with a few hours on your hands, come on down. We'd love to show you how we make sawdust

dawallace45

Bloody beauty , very very nice

Of course you know you shouldn't show pics of boats like that were Mick can see them , once he works out it's too far to ship it he's going to be working on building one and his shed just isn't big enough to fit all his boats and work on more at the same time , looks like you need another shed Mick

David

seedtick

Jul 22, 2006
Denham Springs, LA
sorry Jack, skipped your question about trade-ins

We take anything - tradeins tradeouts whatever

Friend Keith was a tradein as a child, his older brother swapped him for a puppy

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
seedtick said:
Friend Keith was a tradein as a child, his older brother swapped him for a puppy

Seedtick ... Good trade but where is the Chihuahua , covered with wood shavings an calling 911 or shipped out with the last boat ?

You guy's do know you are driving an certain boat building Aussie totally nut's and way past any form of redemption by showing your boats. Not saying any names but I am sure Mick might recover :lol: :lol: :lol: Sometime.

OK , forget I said that , I'm an optimist an believe in the imposable.

Mick... Feast your eyes on this Louisiana (Cajun) boat...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
e8364b5e.jpg

Darn , sometimes I even hate myself but this is not one of those times. :p

seedtick

Jul 22, 2006
Denham Springs, LA
Ya'll gotta get Mick to come over to this side of the world for a while so he can see how the other half lives. Feed him grits and boudin. Cracklins and beer. Duck and andouille gumbo. Boiled crawfish and crabs. Turtle sauce piquante. Better stop, I'm getting too hungry to finish the message.

Don't know that he'd want to stay as he's got some mighty good looking places to paddle around his home.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
seedtick said:
Ya'll gotta get Mick to come over to this side of the world for a while so he can see how the other half lives. Feed him grits and boudin. Cracklins and beer. Duck and andouille gumbo. Boiled crawfish and crabs. Turtle sauce piquante. Better stop, I'm getting too hungry to finish the message.

Feed Mick like that and he would never go home , neither would I if'n ya guys have a few leftovers.
"O" Boy , Boudin and Gumbo with some Turtle Piquante , that would make anyone happy , not to say full but wanting more. The mud puppies would be a good snack to start with so a person could get into eating gear. :D

Dang , just had supper of steaks on the grill an garlic potatoes with some garden peas and now I am hungry for some good food.

Chuck.

seedtick

Jul 22, 2006
Denham Springs, LA
dawallace,

there are three types of boudin that I know of. Here's a quick definition:

Boudin blanc (white boudin)

A type of sausage made from a pork rice dressing, much like dirty rice, only moister, stuffed into pork casings. Pork liver and heart meat are typically included. Rice is more frequently used in Cajun cuisine, whereas the French version tends to use milk, and is therefore generally more delicate than the Cajun variety. Although the sausage wrap is edible, the stuffing is typically squeezed out of one end. In Cajun cuisine, it is often served with cracklins (fried pig skins) and saltine crackers. Boudin Blanc dressing is also used to make Boudin balls. The dressing is not stuffed into a casing but formed into a ball, rolled in breading and deep fat fried, similar to the Italian arancini.

Boudin noir (black boudin)

A dark-hued French blood sausage or Cajun sausage containing pork, rice, pig blood, and other ingredients.

Boudin rouge (red boudin)

In Louisiana cuisine, a sausage similar to boudin blanc, but with pork blood added to it. It originated from the French boudin noir

There are as many ways to make boudin as there are mosquitoes in the swamp. In general, folks east of the Miss River leave out the liver and heart while folks west of the river put it in. Other ingredients vary widely.