SKEETER DANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!! | SouthernPaddler.com

SKEETER DANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kahuna

Aug 27, 2003
DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS
I'm out catfishing the other night and this guy comes up to me...
(to brag of course).....whilest he is braggin...it is getting darker....I light the coal orl lamp and this guy starts to wacking his legs(skinny and hairy) and doing this little dance while he is talking to me...I said dude(seriously)...hey dude...you need some skeeter spray..?? "Aw no...they don't bother me...." :shock: So...we talked...it got darker. I applied the spray...I said again..."DUDE...you are getting ate up..!!"... :shock:
he replied..."Nope"..as he smacked the skeeters off those hairy skinny legs... :D He said "I gotta go, it's getting late."( as he smacked and jumped.) and did his lttile dance!!! :shock:
I laughed to my lonesome as he walked away...geez....now that was a real;
"JOHN WAYNE MACHO MAN TYPE OF GUY!!!!!" :roll:

KAHUNA
(Big Daddy Kahuna to you!!!) :D

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Kahuna,

Miz Bear knows dang near everthing. Jest ask her. She read how vitamin B-1 keeps skeeters away. She took it near bout everday fer a year.

I called her out twice when they wuz bitin' the crap outta me. Both times the skeeters ate me up, but left her alone. Either the B-1 works great 'er skeeters jest dont care fer the "odor of geezer". :mrgreen:

It iz a good thing she didnt read how WD-40 keeps 'em off. Hmmm....mebbe not? They sell that unscented? :wink: Lord I'm sorry I tole that...'n bless all the little pygmies down ta Rhodesia.

regards
bearridge

Republics decline into democracies and democracies degenerate into despotisms. Aristotle

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Down here in the land of heat and humidity with an occasional hurricane thrown in the folks run over to there doc's place and get shots of vitamin B-12. The skeeters don't like it. Or anyone else that is standing close to you when it is hot out side.

Rumor has it that the Indians take a gar fish and cook it over an open fire then pop it open and eat the meat and it does the same thing for them by keeping the skitters away. They say the gar is heavy on vitamin B-12 in it's flesh.

Personally I use Deet.

Chuck.
PS. A Game Warden friend (yes I have a friend) told me the backstrap in a Gar tastes just like lobster. Yes, He does eat it.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Mister High Sheriff,

When L.B. wuz the High Sheriff round here, any time he took in a convict who could cook, that wuz the end of "good time" credit....a 10 year sentence meant 10 years. [Swampy, that iz X in Roman.] :wink:

Down ta the jail they tole how this one convict wuz so good, he could cook good gar.....gar balls. I never heard a nobody able ta do much else with a gar. Ya know that tv show bout the "Dirty Jobs"? Pullin' dead gar outta the hop nets iz bout the worst job I ever done.

Miz Bear took B-12 since 1990, but it didnt stop the skeeters. She started takin' the B-1 a few years ago, after a few months on the pill the skeeters quit messin' with her. I reckon it made her mean. :roll:

regards
bearridge

If you fake the funk, your nose will grow. George Clinton

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
B-12? B1? HA!!!!! Garlic. hot peppers and Dago Red will keep Godzilla from flying around yer arse! :shock:

Kahuna

Aug 27, 2003
DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS
YEP IT'S TRU!!!

Seriously Oldyaker is right. I use spray though becasue of the reports of West Nile around here. I don't need it, never had but better safe that sorry. B-12 does work.

Kahuna

oldyaker said:
B-12? B1? HA!!!!! Garlic. hot peppers and Dago Red will keep Godzilla from flying around yer arse! :shock:

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
I take a shatpot fulla B-1 & B-12 every day. I likes garlic. Hot pepper is gud too.

Dago red? All of'em I ever buddied around with was kinda swarthy like. How do ya get one to be red? Mebbe it's like Elena Zelayeta's Mexican recipes all start out? "Into a heavy, iron kettle put ..."