SKUNKS | SouthernPaddler.com

SKUNKS

grandpa paddler

May 25, 2005
WNY-land of exhorbitant taxes
Last night shortly after I got into bed I had to get back up and close all the windows because of a very strong odor. This morning my wife took a picture (thru the patio door) of a skunk standing on the front deck. This evening the dog and I went out the back door, down the driveway to the side road and headed for the corner. Lo, and behold, there were THREE skunks in the front yard. They looked at the dog and me and scurried thru a small hole under the deck.

Now I know there are a preponderance of intelligent and ingenious members on this forum... any suggestions on how to get them to move on :?:

Jon

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
I heard that mothballs might work. Not for sure about it though. If the mothballs does not work get a tow sack, give it to your wife, and have her go under the porch and get them. That has to do with the house so that is her job. :mrgreen: I sure hope you live a looong way from me.
Bob

grandpa paddler

May 25, 2005
WNY-land of exhorbitant taxes
I think they're gone :D :!: Soaked some rags with amonia (per the .net) and pushed them thru all the cracks and crevices around the deck. To keep them from coming back I'll put urinal deodorant tablets in all the cracks and crevices (per our local animal control officer) and then after every rain, use a spray made to repel skunks (again, per the .net). Geeeesh, I almost feel like an expert :mrgreen: