Some different plans | SouthernPaddler.com

Some different plans

JEM

Hey all,

I finally finished these up:

http://jemwatercraft.com/proddetail.php?prod=Shelf7

It's a set of boat shelves. Idea behind it is a simple project for a builder new to stitch and glue. Pirogues are a great starter boat but there are those who want something more complex but don't have the experience to build it.

I figure these are a nice learning project and it gives you some place to store your building materials and tools! Since it'll never hit the water, you don't have to seal all the wood so less epoxy and fiberglass.

The standard "Southern Paddler" discount appliess to plans and materials.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Matt

Just an idea from this boat nut..........

That would make a good break down boat for someone with a pick up truck, just slide the two halves in the back and then put them together at the river for a days paddling.

Since it is about 2/3 the length of a boat then the back half (or third) could be shorter and actually sit inside the main part for transport.

Unless I was looking at it wrong there is even some rocker in it. :D

Chuck.

JEM

Yep there is some rocker in it. It's a true boat hull with shelves in it.

One could easily build it as a little pond runner. Would have increase the plywood thickness to 3/8" on the bottom.

Heck, Jack is building a set and is going to chop it about 2/3 the way up so the 2 pieces can nest into each other to make a shelf that can be moved eaily.

I thought about listing all the options, but these are targeted toward new builders. Don't want to offer too many complex options. I'll let the twisted minds think of the possibilities. oh look...they already did. :shock:

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Swampy said:
That french wall hanging trick would be perfect for those shelves! swampy
Swampus Cantileverus,

I lke the wall hager trick - LOSE the French label part of it, ehh? Polish or greek, maybe? Lithuanian, Chechen, Zambezi? Anything other than French!

"WEH-elll ... I don't know which is worse. A German Division if FRONT of me - or a French one BEHIND me!"
Patton, George S., General, USA

Swampy

Aug 25, 2003
Southeastern North Carolina
Wasn't it Gen Franks that said,"Not having the French join us is like going to war without an accordiane?"

Ok Jack... let's put on our thinking caps...OPPS! :shock: sry forgot... :?

Let's refer to it as the Old Geezer's hidden wall hanger.......

swampy