Something ... NO ONE ... will tell you....Bandanns........ | SouthernPaddler.com

Something ... NO ONE ... will tell you....Bandanns........

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Something ... NO ONE ... will tell you.............

Hats are nice when on the water or outside in the heat while working around the house ....... Something better then a hat is a simple bandanna soaked in some water. Get it wet then lightly ring it out and form it into a triangle to be put over your head , placed at the forehead and then with the two ends tied in the back. Which leaves the top loose and free over the top of your head so the air can get in there to cool you while the moisture evaporates. Plus it acts as a sweat band for your forehead in case you perspire while having some fun.
It can also be worn under a floppy hat if you want protection from the suns rays while letting the bandanna keep your head cool.

A bandanna will really cost you a lot of money , about $ 5.00 bucks or less.

They also make a good dish cloth , Improvised towel , Pot holder and a lot more uses while camping.

mosportsmen

Jul 29, 2005
Kirksville MO
mosportsmen.com
Re: Something ... NO ONE ... will tell you....Bandanns......

Big bandana fan myself. Put a little knot in each corner for a light weight, sweat absorbing hat. I got camo ones that make a nice face mask while hunting if I forget my face mask.

Never go forth outdoors without it.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com

They are also great pre-filters for any water you want to collect for drinking . Let them get the major stuff , minor if double folded and then treat your drinking water , ( Water Purification , Chemical or even boiling for a minute ) . :D

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana

Just started using them the last few months. Now, I don't want to be out without one. I wet it and tie it around my neck. Cools the major arteries.

Joey