Spicy Marinated Shrimp. | SouthernPaddler.com

Spicy Marinated Shrimp.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Yesterdays paper had this in the food section and it sounds good.

Spicy Marinated Shrimp

1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves of garlic , crushed
1/2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
1-inch piece ginger , peeled , grated
1/4 teaspoon , each , salt an pepper
1 pound of raw jumbo shrimp , peeled and deveined.
2 tablespoons chopped basil
lime wedges

1. Mix olive oil , garlic , red pepper flakes , ginger , salt an pepper on a large platter: stir to blend together. Add shrimp, tossing to coat. Cover and let stand 15 minutes or refrigerate 2 hours.

2. Heat a wok on med high heat , add shrimp a few at a time. Cook, stirring, 4 minutes. Repeat with the remaining shrimp, adding oil if necessary, transfer to a platter. Sprinkle with basil and serve with the lime wedges.

Chuck.
I'm betting some good firm fish fillets done that way would be awful good.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Had Shrimp for supper tonight , the normal ones , cleaned and steamed , then some Ketchup with Horseradish and lemon juice mixed together as the cocktail sauce with baked beans and a salad on the side. :D

Ole pups sure liked them , he had a dozen just for himself with the beans. We will be in trouble later tonight when he starts tooting. :lol: Since he is my kitchen helper I will have to try what I cooked to see how well he likes it.
Pore Dog is really abused and has a hard life but all his meals are followed up with a couple of Milk Bones. :lol:

He does like the ones I cook when out camping ...... "O"oop's that is Oldyaker and not pup's...... "O" Well they both growl alike when you try to get more out of the skillet.

Pup's likes them when I do them here at the house , or it might be the bed of rice they are served on with all that good stuff they cooked in as a sauce for the rice.

The recipe is about the same as the one I posted at the top but with some modifications. :D

Chuck.