stitch and glue mini pontoon | SouthernPaddler.com

stitch and glue mini pontoon

woodchuck

Nov 11, 2008
matagorda, texas
Being large, old and clumsy I have been looking at one man pontoons that are rowed. Since I don't want to have to hope the hissing sound I heat is a snake and not a air leak I am looking at the idea of a stitch and glue pontoon that can be taken apart to transport. Is this feasable. I have no idea of size needed for pontoons. Could they be filled with foam and sealed.
Any suggestions or info would be greatly appreciated/
Can't start anyghing until finished with humor section and recover from laughing my sides sore
Chuck2

woodchuck

Nov 11, 2008
matagorda, texas
If I am reading this right I can make the pontoons half as long and leave the other numbers alone and be alright. Small removeable hatches should cure any water that might get in. I will be using it in channels through salt grass and can get a long way from dry land. the foam is just an insurance policy since it is a matter of getting through muck, mud and alligators and snakes for a mile or twol This in thin water particularly at low tide.
I believe I can make it a knock down with captive bolts and aluminum angles to mount the seat and low foot rests.
My legs won't tolerate the confinement of a kayak plus the getting out is a problem.
Doesn't a cubic foot of air support around 40 pounds or so?