Stuffed jalapenos..... | SouthernPaddler.com

Stuffed jalapenos.....

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Had a pile of red and green jalapenos that need something done with...
I cut off the stem ends, cored them with my fish fillet knife. I mixed up a bowl of garlic flavored cream cheese and a small tin of crab meat. I stuffed the jalapenos with the mixture and baked at 350 for about half an hour. :p :p :p Mmmmmmmmmmmm.......

Now I can't rub my eyes or go to the head for at least four hours! :cry:

Teary and Erown Eyed Yak

PS: Have alot of cold brewski's on hand when you devour these...... :D

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
oldyaker said:
Had a pile of red and green jalapenos that need something done with...
I cut off the stem ends, cored them with my fish fillet knife. I mixed up a bowl of garlic flavored cream cheese and a small tin of crab meat. I stuffed the jalapenos with the mixture and baked at 350 for about half an hour. :p :p :p Mmmmmmmmmmmm.....

PS: Have alot of cold brewski's on hand when you devour these...... :D

CANNED CRAB MEAT..... Use fresh. "Oooop's forgot you don't have salt water on three sides of your state. :oops:
Guess I better get busy I have been hungry for some fresh mullet , deep, fat , fried with crab and shrimp on the side or just smoke the mullet and really enjoy life.
This also requires a lot of cold brewski's to be on hand or in the hand. :wink:

Hmmmmmmm ... This month has a "R" in it so go over to the coast and get a bucket of oysters (they are easy to grab / catch ) get home, shuck them out and introduce them to the saute pan ( just for a minute or so ) with some butter, garlic, onion and anything else that hits your fancy.

Then take them while they are warm and wrap the little suckers in that cream cheese and garlic mix, add a drop of lemon juice to each one in it's new jalapeno pepper shell (Home) and throw them in the oven for a short spell with a drizzle of white wine on each one.
Save the drippings in the saute pan to serve over them when they come out of the over ...
( Is licking your fingers OK while doing this , I sure hope so)

Have a crab cake and some shrimp on the side after some horse-de-overs of smoked mullet or kings on some crackers with beer. :D

Darn .. just had some country ribs off the grill for supper and now ya got me hungry again. :evil:

Chuck

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
oldsparkey said:
"Oooop's forgot you don't have salt water on three sides of your state. :oops:
Chuck
Yep Chuckles, your right, we don't have that, we also don't have 98 degree day's with 101% humidity for day's on end. Been in the 70's with clear blue sky and humidity around 38%. We also don't have nice warm nights around 70 or so with bugs either. Going down to about 55 tonight. Saturday was a beautiful paddling and fishing day. Ever have walleye? Deep fried it, mmmmmmm good! Perch is excellent as well. Ohhhh, almost forgot, we don't have hurricanes either........just the leftover rain but it makes the Yock river flow perfect! :D

PS: We also have a fresh seafood market called solomons. Thank goodness for jets. Cost a little more but it's worth it with nice weather.
PA population-12 million. Square miles 45,000 Bug population about 300.
FL Square Miles about 54,000, population 16 million in 2000 and getting about 500 more every day. Bug population......damn there ain't enough numbers on this computer! :roll: :lol: :lol:

Wanna play until we see who wins? :wink:

PS: I like oysters raw and chilled. Squeeze some fresh lemon on 'em, dab of ground horseradish, and a shot of Tobasco. If your gonna cook 'em Chuck, you might as well get 'em from a can :?

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
oldyaker.

OK ... You listed all of the BENEFITS of living in Florida and I have to agree there is nothing better to help a person relax when out camping then some 90 degree heat and 110% humidity listing to the sound of the skitters hummmmming out side your tent while you have your fingers crossed .... Wishing that the big ones don't show up because they know how to unzip the tent.
Now what do you think the DRAWBACKS of living down here would be. I can't think of a single thing. :D

Chuck.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
The fresh water will kill them but you can use it.... it is best if you have a bucket of salt water from the area you got them in ...... A VERY CLEAN 5 gal. gas can .... just for that works really good.

Clams are really gritty if you don't do that. :x The ones we like for clam chowder down here is the cocheina , a very small clam sometimes called a periwinkle but they do make a good chowder.
Trouble of it is they are in the beach sand at the water line and not out in the water.... Grit you bet ...wash several times before cooking and then cook the whole thing in a pan of hot water, swish them around and drain off the shells saving the meat and juice ... add what ever vegies you want and some good eating. :D
Boy I wish I could find a large bed of them right now .........We would cook them up in a cast iron skillet with some potatoes and a little milk with some onion , when surf fishing , for our lunch.

Two brothers here in Oviedo that had the Pure Oil Gas Station back in the dark ages would go over to the coast and get several 55 gal drums of the oysters and all they did was to ice them down.
Then when they got back the drums were out back behind the station and everyone would gather around and just shuck and eat the oysters throwing the shells out on the rail road tracks that ran behind the station. Ya always knew when those barrels were full of oysters ... there were more folks out behind the station then out in the fount.
Fill you vehicle with gas or an oil change (or just stop by for a snack) and have some fresh oysters ...Ya shuck and eat them at no additional charge. :D

The crabs we would get couldn't care less ... just used the water from the cans they were in for the cooking water.

Chuck.

Gator

Dec 15, 2006
East Lansing/Okemos Michigan
We tried it about a month ago. We stuffed them with a chopped mushroom, onion, garlic, chedder mixture. rolled them in flour and dipped in a beer batter. They lost their batter when we dropped them in the oil but they still tasted good.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Gator, Get ya banana peppers....the garden summer ones are the best, but ya kin still find some now. Cut off the stem end. Git a fish fillet knife and reach down inside and clean out the seeds and veins. Git ya some loose Eye-tal-yun* sausage, push it down into the banana pepper cavity. Use the long end of a wooden spoon to help ya. Brush those peppers real light with olive oil. Place them on a cookie sheet cover with allyluminum foil(Sorry...I can't say aluminum :? ), bake in a 350 degree oven for about a half an hour. Pour some Eye-tal-yun* sauce over them. Grab ya a loaf of Eye-tal-yun* bread and butter. Enjoy! :p

Eye-tal-yun*- Used as adjective or noun [i-tal-yuh n] 1. a Chuckles or Sparky or Redneck name of identification of someone from Italy of Mediterranean descent. 2. Pertaining to peoples of Italy or culture. 3. Romance language .
EX: Whens is dat Eye-tal-yun* gett'n his fat arse here wit dem Eye-talyun beef sticks? I am powerful hongree! :lol: :lol: :lol:
028.gif
077.gif

Since you are new to the forum......I thought I should translate redneck to the English language since you are from Michigan. BTW.....I'm Eye-tal-yun*.....We have alot of fun with that!
1203.gif

Redneck language EX: You got any mo goot possum or weazel ressypees to go wit dat dandyline whine? :roll: I'm marrin ma cuz'n next week...so I needs sum victuals ressypees fo da wedd'n hoot N' nanny. Tree pece band were hav'n... yessir, jug...washboard and a pig gut streetced over a stick down to a wash tub. Tink dey call it a bass....wait a minute....maybe dats a fish? Iz it a base? Naw....dats baseball...
bek128.gif

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
oldyaker said:
Since you are new to the forum......I thought I should translate redneck to the English language since you are from Michigan. BTW.....I'm Eye-tal-yun*.....We have alot of fun with that!
1203.gif

Redneck language EX: You got any mo goot possum or weazel ressypees to go wit dat dandyline whine? :roll: I'm marrin ma cuz'n next week...so I needs sum victuals ressypees fo da wedd'n hoot N' nanny. Tree pece band were hav'n... yessir, jug...washboard and a pig gut streetced over a stick down to a wash tub. Tink dey call it a bass....wait a minute....maybe dats a fish? Iz it a base? Naw....dats baseball...
bek128.gif

To summarize Oldyakers translation of Red Neck we have a saying about what he said...... This will describe it.

The main word is sediment........
sed-i-ment (sed'-e-ment) v. having stated something about one's intentions or opinions. " I know what I said, and I know what I meant , but that is not what I sediment."
( Taken from Jeff Foxworthy's Redneck Dictionary , words you thought you knew the meaning of. )

Chuck...

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
oldsparkey said:
sed-i-ment (sed'-e-ment) v. having stated something about one's intentions or opinions. " I know what I said, and I know what I meant , but that is not what I sediment."
Hang on, Gator, and soon ole Spare Key will start to ejimikate you inthe gazindas.

3 gazinda 6 twicet

3 gazinda 9 tree times

3 gazinda 12 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :idea:

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Mayonnaise - Mayonnaise some ugly guys around here

Aorta - Aorta cut that grass before the kids get hurt

Ascend - The ladder moved and I went ascend over tea kettle. I thought I'd break my neck.

initiate-she ate a hamburger, initiate a bag of potato chips