Sun & Moon Rise & Set | SouthernPaddler.com

Sun & Moon Rise & Set

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I located a source of information on the moon phases and it is right all the time , sure helps when planning a trip so there is plenty pf moon light. Mine even has the sun rise and sun set times on it.

I don't know if anyone has one of these but it does not require any electricity , batteries or anything but one nail or thumb tack , it is called a calender.
Some of them even come with a nice picture over the page with all the information on it , mine has paddling scenes of canoes and such on the different waters. :lol:

Chuck.
PS. Who ever printed it left off the moon rise and set , guess they figured a person would know that when the big orange ball came up at night.

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
PS. Who ever printed it left off the moon rise and set , guess they figured a person would know that when the big orange ball came up at night.
:lol: :lol:

ya beat me to it mate.

Re sun rise, I generally count on it being about 30 minutes afer first light and sunset about the same time before true dark. :lol:

Re moonrise WTH cares when ya are campin. its all good. :D

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
oldsparkey said:
My favorite reference is the Old Farmers Almanac. It is usually right on Chuck.

Well DUHHHHHH! :roll: It's Florida! Lets see......what will the weather be today?
Hot and Humid! Tomorrow....Hot and Humid! How about 4 Saturdays from now? Hot and Humid!

WooooHooooo! :p This Farmers Almanac is right on every time! :?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
oldyaker said:
oldsparkey said:
My favorite reference is the Old Farmers Almanac. It is usually right on Chuck.

Well DUHHHHHH! :roll: It's Florida! Lets see......what will the weather be today?
Hot and Humid! Tomorrow....Hot and Humid! How about 4 Saturdays from now? Hot and Humid!

YES... But it really depends on the heat and humidity or the amount of it , that is how we judge the different seasons. I trust you know the different ones we have down here , if not then let me edichuate you......

They are , Fry , Simmer , Broil or just plain ole Bake.

1. Fry is what you would call the Fall
2. Simmer is what you refer to as Winter
3. Broil is usually Spring for you.
4. Bake is naturally Summer Time.

Now if the humidity is up then Bake can become Fry and Fry can become Simmer while Simmer stays the same but Broil and Bake do change at times with Fry thrown in , Sometimes Fry takes the place of Simmer but Simmer never takes the place of Fry.

See it is just as clear as tide charts when dealing with the weather or tides , they both are going up and down all the time. That is why the Old Farmers Almanac is so nice to have , they have worked it out for the year so we know that we might be in Simmer but it really will feel like Broil on the Fry side with someone singing the moon will be in the 4th house and talking about Aquarians. :?

Chuck.

FlaMike

Jun 20, 2007
Spring Hill, FL
www.ptponds.com
You guys are making my head hurt! I've barely got a grip on "daylight" or "dark," and next you'll be talking about tides on the Moon and what time Earthrise will be. . . :shock:

When I do get curious about what the Moon is up to, or which way the tide went, I turn on my GPSMAP 76 CSx and it tells me all that good stuff, along with where I really am, as opposed to where I thought I was. :lol:

Mike S.
Spring Hill, FL

dangermouse01

Sep 8, 2006
Palm Bay, FL (East coast)
FlaMike said:
I turn on my GPSMAP 76 CSx and it tells me all that good stuff, along with where I really am, as opposed to where I thought I was. :lol:

Sorry to disappoint ya Mike, but your GPSMAP 76 CSx is only telling you where the Men in Black want you to think you are :wink:

DM

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Mike .. I have never been lost out on the water or in the woods , it was the rest of the world that had no idea of where they were. I knew exactly where I was . Right here , no matter what said anything different. :roll:

Boy the world does take the wrong direction at times , I sure wish they would get better at knowing where they are. :lol:

Chuck.

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
I am sort of with Chucky on the tide thing. I don't care which way is is going. :D I just paddle in the same direction and when it turns - paddle back :D.

Never been lost in my life. Some times, I just got back a day or two late. :lol: never been in a hurry either. :lol:

Re the seasons, We get about two weeks each of Autumn, winter and spring - the rest is bloody hot. either hot & dry or hot and wet.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I found the sweating and then getting wet when it rains it really a pleasure , something a lot of people have no understanding of today.
They throw on rain coats and refuse to let the Angels tears from above hit them.

Vince and I understood that on a 12 day paddle in the Glades , the rain was for 11 1/2 days and well appreciated. Not all of the water in the canoes we were paddling but the freshness's in the air and cooler temps along with all the good water. Sometimes a good thing can be over done but when the sun came back out we were wishing for some rain ... Someone heard us and made the trip worth while.

We , being outdoors persons , always take a negative and made it a positive....... What is better the a good rain shower to make you feel right. Plus what could be better in the land of salt water where ya can not drink it the to be continually supplied with fresh water ....... Not a Dang thing.

When the heat is frying you , the rain is a blessing and when out camping it is a Gods Send , a lot of good fresh water to enjoy and collect to refurbish your water supply when camping away from everything. Not even thinking of the sound of the rain at night as is comes down , that my friends is the perfect music for a good night sleep.

Some of the best tea I have ever had was from the water the rain gave me so I could make it.

My Mother use to tell me the thunder was the angles bowling and making strikes , the rain was from the tears of the ones that missed the one pin in the corner and had to try again.

No matter how you look at it the rain is a blessing from above. :D

Chuck.

FlaMike

Jun 20, 2007
Spring Hill, FL
www.ptponds.com
GPSMAP 76 CSx is only telling you where the Men in Black want you to think you are
Still, though, it's usually right. I mean, it says I'm "here," I look up and sure enough, here I am! :D

No matter how you look at it the rain is a blessing from above.
No doubt about that. But a lightening bolt to the end of a fly rod? :shock: Ouchieee!
Not so much a blessing, I don't think.

Mike S.
Spring Hill, FL