sunday morning walk | SouthernPaddler.com

sunday morning walk

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Jack
This rifle is nothing like your 17 cal , this is a high powered ,fast, varmint type rifle.
If you shot a squirrel with it you might have the tail left.
Ron

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Kayak Jack said:
Mine was a pump-up Benjamin. This one sounds like a powder burner? Same sized hole, different rifle wrapped around it.

It's the 22 Hornet necked down for the lighter bullet which is a speedy critter out of the standard Hornet. One great varmint rifle and it will reach out quite a distance. The bullet travels so fast that it will not rick-a-shay but disintegrates when it hits anything. Perfect for gators since it will not rick-a-shay off the water.
I had a Model 70 Winchester in the 22 hornet and it had a 13 power scope on it so I could reach out and talk to the varmints , which it did quite well. Even dropped a couple of Deer with it. Legal in Florida since it is a center fire cartage.

WDfrmTN

Kayak Jack said:
".17 ackley hornet rifle wanted to come too so i grabbed her and took 4 rounds of ammo with me and off i went ."

You dropped these two critters with a 0.177 caliber rifle??!!!
672_.17_Ackley_Hornet.JPG

Here're some comparisons: http://www.nazarian.no/wepc.asp?lang=0& ... try_id=136

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
A lilliputian punkin slinger. More like a punkin seed, split into little bitty pieces, and accelerated to Mach 4 or 5. Goes so fast, it leaves behind a trail of O1 (that's an oxygen molecule O2 split in two. :wink: )

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
good looking porkers there johno whens the sausage,ribs gona be done i guess your freezers full now? you better keep an eye on your mate mick. :wink: :lol: :lol: yea i,m been thinking about getting a 22 hornet.