Suwannee Trip Pictures #2 | SouthernPaddler.com

Suwannee Trip Pictures #2

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Salt Creek looking towrds the Gulf of Mexico. ( A Tidal Marsh Area)

fishcamp%20014.jpg

Looking inland.
fishcamp%20013.jpg

This County park is right on the Gulf of Mexico at Shired Island ...Get a Florida map and locate Cross City , now take 351 south out of there to 357 and go all the way to the end.

fishcamp%20018.jpg

Looking north and I sure can Visualize my hammock between two of those palm trees on a nice warm summers night with the breeze blowing in off the Gulf of Mexico while I am camping at a county park in the middle of nowhere.
fishcamp%20019.jpg

Looking South
fishcamp%20020.jpg

See where you put your tents .
fishcamp%20021.jpg

I don't want to make you feel bad but we did pig out on Shrimp, Scallops and Oysters and even enjoyed a Steak with baked potatoes on this trip but the Sea Food was the best.
You can find all of it at the Salt Creek Restaurant in the town of Suwannee. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chuck.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Only back for a few days and then back out into the wilds of Florida, camping and fishing but this time for an extended period of time, Everglades, Gulf of Mexico , 10,000 islands and all of the good fishing areas. :D

The National weather say's it will be a high of 75 and a low in the middle 50's .... Who could ask for anything more. Warm days and cool nights while camping on the chickees in the Glades or on the sand beaches of the Gulf listing to the waves slap the shore line all night.

It is a hard life being retired I sure wish I had a 9 to 5 job to go to ........... NOT......... for this ole boy.
I will take the hard life of catching fish, frying them up and enjoying them as supper while breathing in the cool night air under the illumination of the star light on a crystal clear night assisted by the moon.
Later sleeping in a hammock between a couple of trees listing to the waves lapping up on the white sands of the beach all night long. Then having to wake up to the perfect sunrise in the middle of nowhere and having to repeat the whole process over the next day.

Man I miss going to the office and working and not worrying about where I will be camping & fishing. Do I turn left or is it to the right at this split in the river.. :? ............. Who Cares .........just follow the bow of the boat, it knows where to go and you have all the time to get there. :D

Chuck.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
That's real nice Chuck. Looks like the Florida I remember from years ago. Places I once knew that were wild are now covered with condo's and hotels.
When I get old, I'll be able to paddle, camp and fish when I want too! :wink:

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Truthful Jack,

I dont know bout Mister Crabtree, but I never seen the mean side of the High Sheriff till now. Boy that hurt. But did ya see the storm clouds in that one pichur?

I reckon I'll set down at my desk tomorrow 'n turn on the whiz bang computin' machine. Then I'll go down 'n git me a cup a java, climb back up where I kin look out at the fine brick wall on the buildin' next door 'n pull up the Sparkanators pichurs of paradise. I jest hope he dont drown when the hoodoochie hits.

Oh (jest like Ole Columbo used ta say) one more thing. What fish? I been on some expedishuns with these geezers. So far the only fish I seen come in a can. Caleb caught fish, but he iz jest a honorary geezer. [Ya caint be a full geezer til ya git past junior high.]

regards,
bearridge

Duty then is the sublimest word in the English language. You should do your duty in all things. You can never do more, you should never wish to do less. Robert Edward Lee

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
bearridge said:
... I reckon I'll set down at my desk tomorrow 'n turn on the whiz bang computin' machine. Then I'll go down 'n git me a cup a java, climb back up where I kin look out at the fine brick wall on the buildin' next door 'n pull up the Sparkanators pichurs of paradise...
Bear,

You remind me of a TV show from about 50 years ago. Two inmates in adjoining cells. Cell "A" had no window, cell "B" did. Every day, the "B" inmate would describe scenery. Trees, leaves, flowers, people, clouds, etc.

One day, the "B" guy died and the "A" guy begged and begged to be moved. When he got into the cell, he ran to the window and lifted himself up to peer out. About three feet away was a solid, brick wall.

The new inmate in cell"A" asked, "Tell me - what do you see?"

"Ohh, I see a little girl, skipping along the sidewalk, with an ice cream cone in her hand. ..."