T-V Brazos Queen II | SouthernPaddler.com

T-V Brazos Queen II

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
I have built several boats and the T-V is still queen for my type of camping and running. Still my best all around boat.
The original T-V was built with some 1/8 merentia ply that is junk
so with Matts blessings I am going to build another one .
This will be built from ceder and maybe some white pine ,she will be a strip stitch @ glue .
I started laying her out today.
I have the plans to the Northwind and the cuda 18 but like Darrel said I know what the T-V will do so it strip cutting time again.
Ron
PS oh there will be a couple twist thrown in on this build also :lol: :lol:

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Most of you know the T-V is my favorite all around boat.

IM001956.jpg

She is the best all around yak I own ,I have some faster ,more stable,
lighter, the list goes on but this boat will do 90% in all categories.
The only problem with the Queen is that I used some new wood on her 1/8 Merrinti ply ,It is the worst wood I have used luan would have been a bunch better.
I think this boat will be close to my ultimate river tripping camping boat.
I am going to stretch her to 16 ft 10 inches for a touch more speed ,stability and tracking. after building several 16 ft boats I have no more trouble handling them than the 13 fters.
This length will give me the 7 ft cockpit and 2 five foot decks , the hatches will be close to full length like my last build, decks will be cut down and balanced for handling the wind, a place for my folding seat ,built in rod racks like the crusier and a few more little twist.
Will be a strip stitch and glue ,western red ceder will be the main wood used.
Ron

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
Ron,
Still got those 2 cedar trees in my buddys yard. You and Darrell should come on down and get them. Ya'll could build several boats out of them.
Bob
PS His widow would be glad to see them gone.