Tephlon Paint | SouthernPaddler.com

Tephlon Paint

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Chuck
You have put a few miles on your boat now ,how about some evaluation of the new paint.
How long it was in water
do you think it was a slick as the graphite
scratches are toughness compared to graphite.
Come on fess up
Ron

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
tx river rat said:
Chuck
You have put a few miles on your boat now ,how about some evaluation of the new paint.
How long it was in water
do you think it was a slick as the graphite
scratches are toughness compared to graphite.
Come on fess up
Ron

OK.. Ya caught me. :lol:

That Interlux Bright Sides paint with the "Teflon" in it is the same as when I put it on the Kayak back in 2000. It holds up quite well.

The canoe was in the water when paddling and did manage to scrape over a lot of sandbars , logs and widow makers. ( those stobs that stick up on a angle pointed up river). Plus being dragged up on the sand when stopping for a break or the night.
One time I heard a KRACK and thought it was the wood in the canoe but could not locate any damage to the canoe , the bottom or the paint ,except for one very light scratch that did not even go to the glass or take any paint off the bottom. I guess it was the branch breaking from the canoe riding up on it.

I would say it is almost as slick as the Graphite since I did not get stuck on anything trying to grab the bottom. Scraping the bottom on the logs when crossing them , I did not leave any paint on them.

The only souvenirs I have from the trip is a couple of very light rub marks on the bottom. The water marks and dirt (stains) from the river washed right off with a sponge and some water from the garden hose. The bottom and lower sides are just a shiny as when they were painted.
Plus the white bottom keeps the boat a lot cooler when being car topped in the sunlight.

Chuck.