The results & Tall Tales of the St.Marys River trip | SouthernPaddler.com

The results & Tall Tales of the St.Marys River trip

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Just to let you folks know some of us are back from the trip.

Here are the players.........

Harry .. The commodore & his pal Ray along with Van
Allen and his son , Caleb
Al and his good looking canoe
David .....kc4zvw
Swampy
Bear
Mac & myself

We terrorized the St.Mary's River. I had a ton of fun watching Swampy & Bear picking on each other...... We had 11 paddlers with 6 canoes , two pirogues (David & Swampy) and I paddled the Swamp Girl.(don't know what to call it but a river boat)

I am glad all of you behaved :p while we were having fun and using about 5 gallons of sun block.

We did have a slight rain on the 1st day but it was not really much only a afternoon & all night one (about 2 inches) :roll:

Swampy took a ton of pictures , some that no one knew about and I am sure they will be in his report about the trip , GOD , Please help the rest of us ..... all bear did was smile and grin while shaking his head ....That report will be something.

There will be more folks telling there side and when they are done I have it all on film ...... the original tape is in a safe place as insurance for me (protection or blackmail , your choice. :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Caleb posted his report already in the trip notice , below this post. Stay tuned in for the final results........Can't tell you to much right now.... Swampy & Bear are not at there homes ..YET.
Chuck.

A

Anonymous

i got home a little while ago and took a hot bath. we stopped at Denys and dad bought me a lumberjack slam , it tasted alot better than the MRE stuff dad cooked for us! The rain on the first night sucked! i got wet right before i had to climb into my sleeping bag and go to sleep :(

the next day i woke up and my head was full of snot and i had a bad cough, yuck. but then my dad paddled while i fished all day and i caught six fish that day , so i felt alot better 8) one time dad almost paddled me right into snake on a branch and i had to tell him to stop ! dad whacked it in the head with his paddle and broke its neck , its head was all floppy when it fell into the water, and i felt alot better when it sank :twisted:

that night dad gave me some nyquil and we went to bed early, the next day i felt alot better and that day was the most fun even though i only caught one fish. i helped dad paddle alot that day and we went a long ways down the river. that night we hung out with everybody besides the fire , and Mac gave me a coke! i was so sick of that pink lemonade :?

that night it got pretty cold, but i was warm and comfy in my sleeping bag even though my dad said he was cold. when i got up and went down to the camp fire , Swampy gave me a milk and then Mac gave me another coke to take with me. on the way to the bridge , i was fishing and we saw a gator on the river bank. it was really big , and freaked me out a little! :shock: the gator went into the water , and dad told me just to sit still and we paddled right on by. me and dad were the first ones to the bridge , we unloaded our stuff and helped everybody else with their stuff too. i had alot of fun fishing and campuing , but i was glad to be going home too.

thank you for letting me go on this trip with you. dad told me i would be the only kid there and i didnt know if i would like that, but i liked everybody that was there and everybody was real nice to me. i hope you write me on the internet sometimes and i get to see you again.

Caleb

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Caleb said:
(SNIP) dad told me i would be the only kid there and i didnt know if i would like that, but i liked everybody that was there and everybody was real nice to me. (SNIP)
Young Master Caleb,

I'd like to compliment you on your trip with the Geezer Club. However - you weren't the only kid on the trip. You were the only kid under the age of 10; all the rest of the kids were older.

What that means is, they have learned more tricks than you have so far. Get the Geezers to teach you their tricks. They'll LOVE doing it for you, all the while reminiscing about their own first childhood (while still enjoying their current childhood.) Age difference, Son, is no excuse for generation gap. On the water and in camp, we're all the same age.